AS I vs. Flourite - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
AS I vs. Flourite

Just an FYI for folks evaluating substrates. You have seen plenty of info here on AS lowering PH and softening water, ammonia spikes etc...

I have a mature 84g tank that is 7-months old and doing well. Substrate is Flourite.

I just setup a 6g nano with AS and thought I'd confirm for anyone interested. lot of info often means a lot of conflicting data so here are my comparisons, 3 days out.

......OLD 84g....NEW 6g
GH....180...........75
KH....150...........40
PH....7.6...........6.8

Obviously there are other differences in the setups, but the 84g tank's parameters are nearly identical to my tap water, so the change must be entirely due to AS.

Ammonia is undectable in the old tank, but in the stress range for the new...as expected.

I am surprised by the amount of change, so quickly with AS. Of course its a small volume of water, but still a surprise.

AB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp Club member #414, 2076 Pro 3e
Fluval G6

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode