• 2 Post By sdwindansea
  • 2 Post By Mike16T
  • 2 Post By Grobbins48

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
For Sale/Trade vs RAOK/WTB

Seems like such an easy concept. I'm stunned at the difficulty people have posting in the right section.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 03:48 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (28/100%)
I've noticed a lot of confusion lately and wondered if it's just laziness.
Doogy262 and Doogy262 like this.

Have you succumbed to the pleasure of Multiple Tank Syndrome? I feel your pain!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 12:49 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (29/100%)
I mean, it shows it as a pinned thread - for one - and another is the little description. I vote for laziness.
Doogy262 and Doogy262 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
20 Gallon jungle tank

RAOK CLUB #0

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 08:22 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (477/100%)
It's 99% laziness.

But if you see posts in the wrong section, please use the report function if you have the time. It'll help us identify them and get them moved.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
How do you use the report function?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 02:49 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
This is not to subtract from your probably very correct assumptions but just to add that there may be other reasons.

I recently had a post moved and it was due to neither. I rarely frequent the sales threads and I totally forgot that there as a RAOK/WTB section.

I'd also like to add that it appears as if the "For Sale" thread has more activity than the RAOK/WTB thread and persons noticing this may risk posting incorrectly in the hopes of being seen by more possible "request fillers".

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 02:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Since were beefing how about when someone enters a raok wins than doesn't respond for four days,a lot of people have stopped doing them altogether because of this and that is sad...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 03:00 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogy262 View Post
Since were beefing how about when someone enters a raok wins than doesn't respond for four days,a lot of people have stopped doing them altogether because of this and that is sad...

I've always required a response in 12 hours of "winning" a ROAK, otherwise I will pick a new winner. Also, please do not stop doing them, your ROAK is still the reason I have such great plants.
OreoP and OreoP like this.

Tank Journal -
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 10:18 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

gt_turbo: You're right about that. I'd consider all of those other incidents to fall into the 1% category instead of the 99% laziness.

When I said laziness, it's not an insult on all. But I really mean it. Moving dozens of posts a day, the moderation team is able to pick up on patterns and figure out what's going on. It's always clear when something other than laziness is involved.

Kubla: Click the exclamation point in a little red triangle. No one else will be able to see that you've reported something. It's supremely useful for alerting the moderation team to problems.

As far as RAOKs go, do what I've always done: Give things away to the person who responds & fully handles a transaction (I just mean shipping costs - unless I'm covering that) first. It's not as fun but it's still a good thing. Sometimes I've had people submit photos just to prove they aren't going to flip items for a profit but that's about it.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 04:31 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Why is For sale thread not available in Tapatalk app? Is much easier to upload pictures that way..
psalm18.2 and psalm18.2 like this.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 01:34 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike16T View Post
Why is For sale thread not available in Tapatalk app? Is much easier to upload pictures that way..
Have been curious on this too. I mostly use the app and would love to see the for sale (though my wallet might now like that...)
Mike16T and Mike16T like this.

|

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 11:18 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

If anyone is interested in why Tapatalk is off-limits, feel free to peruse old Help Desk threads. Long story short: It's because too many Tapatalk users exploit loopholes. That won't be changing.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode