Internal/Closed Loop Misting Systems - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Internal/Closed Loop Misting Systems

Looking for a closed loop misting system to use in my emersed setup. I'm finding out that my ultrasonic fogger isn't providing enough wet moisture throughout the entire floorprint of my tank. I've been looking into a lot of the terrarium systems and they are external systems with their own reservoir which I don't want as it will increase the water level throughout the day. I'd like to find a system with a submersible pump I can drop in and have it lead up to hoses with a couple misting nozzles. Does anyone know of anything like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 04:05 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (27/100%)
An internal closed loop misting system with a submersible pump would definitely be an asset for an emersed set-up. Are you planning to have a continuous mist, or having a mist at intervals? DIY or plug & play?

Unfortunately, I am no help with your question... not aware of any plug & play (internal CL misting systems) out there for small footprint set-ups. As you mentioned, most of the good misting systems available have an external reservoir.

Finding a pump for your project may be a challenge. GPH vs. PSI ~ most small circulation pumps just don't have the pressure to make misting nozzles perform properly. I'm not sure (and could be wrong), but seem to recall that a pressure of around 30psi would be enough to run maybe 2 nozzles?

An interesting idea, indeed. Please let us know if your idea bears fruit.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
I'm looking to have it mist on intervals, say every 3 hours for 5 minutes. I currently have a fogger going off on the hour for 30 minutes during the light cycle.

As for off the shelf/plug and play vs. DIY, I'm going for whatever is the most compact. I don't want to take up valuable plant space with hardware that is not 100% necessary but is useful.

If I can't find what I'm looking for I'm just going to go with an ExoTerra misting system and going to start doing daily water changes.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi look into mistking mist system it has a external pump but can be set up as a closed loop system .I'm running my mistking system as a closed loop pulling from the aquarium to the pump out to the mist nozzles
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr3ckl1ss View Post
Hi look into mistking mist system it has a external pump but can be set up as a closed loop system .I'm running my mistking system as a closed loop pulling from the aquarium to the pump out to the mist nozzles
Just wondering (as I'm looking into purchasing the mistking system for my open-top 20 gallon long immersed setup) how you set the mistking up as a CL system? Which model of mistking are you using? Does it matter? What do you think I would need, aside from what would be included with my purchase? Thanks in advance!

Algae Grower sounds a little harsh to me!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 06:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
I think they use these types of systems in paludariums, common with poison dart frogs. Ive seen some diy systems. I dont know if they will transfer to what you want but you might try hitting some of the poison dart frog forums.

75G Seachem Flourite

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

20H Seachem Flourite with DIY Canopy/Cooling System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

10G Low Tech Shrimp Tank - Archive

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode