55 Gallon Emersed - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Many plants...little time

PTrader: (66/100%)
55 Gallon Emersed

I've had plants growing emersed now for some time, but I just moved it all into this 55.
Lighting is a Coralife 48" T5NO fixture...1 - 10,000k and 1 - 6700k
Substrate is just black gravel to put the pots in.
Plants...
A. coffeefolia
A. nana petite
A. barteri nana 'eyes'
C. affinis
C. elliptica
C. wendtii green and bronze
C. lutea
C. moehlmannii
C. pontederiifolia
H. sp. 'tiger'
H. sp. 'sunset'
L. glandulosa
M. pteropus
M. pteropus 'narrow leaf'
M. pteropus 'needle leaf'
R. nanjenshan
P. stellatus 'broad'
Peacock moss
Weeping moss
Willow moss

Carnivorous Plants...
Nepenthes sanguinea

Nepenthes 'Miranda'

Drosera roseana (pygmy sundew)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Aroid Addict

PTrader: (76/100%)
Suh-weet! I got one of those C. elliptica too, it's a really awesome plant. The Neps are awesome too. Got any closeups of the N. "Miranda" pitchers?

Got Plants?-6 CO2 + 12 H2O → C6H12O6 + 6 O2 + 6 H2O

---

Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

I just got the pitchers today lego, but hopefully they will do well.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Send a message via AIM to FrostyNYC
I can't believe sunset hygro looks the same emersed and submersed. Really nice collection.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 01:14 AM
Aroid Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonorr View Post
I just got the pitchers today lego, but hopefully they will do well.
They aren't too hard to take care of. Just pot them right and don't let them dry out. Plus they're good for bug control

---

Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 01:59 AM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
Love it! That l. glandulosa looks awesome.

-Chris

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyNYC View Post
I can't believe sunset hygro looks the same emersed and submersed. Really nice collection.
yes Frosty, sunset looks very similar in both setups, but I actually think it looks pinker in the emersed.
Thanks its like a collectoritis zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaniac89 View Post
They aren't too hard to take care of. Just pot them right and don't let them dry out. Plus they're good for bug control
Thats why I got them for bug control. I noticed small fly's a few weeks ago...I put the plants in there yesterday, and all the fly's must have flown for cover. I didn't see them at all last night. I know the plants don't work that fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwatkins10 View Post
Love it! That l. glandulosa looks awesome.
Thanks clwatkins10, It didn't do so well in my MS tank so into the emersed they went. I don't think my lighting is strong enough in the MS tank...I hated seeing the lower leaves floating all the time.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 04:23 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
The Pygmy Sundew is really nice.

Jerry Smith Bloomingdale, NJ, USA

65 Gal Tanganyikan Biotope:
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi, do you use a spraybar, or mist them every day? it looks amazing.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrytheplater View Post
The Pygmy Sundew is really nice.
Hey Jerry,
Pygmy sundew actually has not looked as good over the past few weeks. Loosing the pink and looks like its dying off. or maybe its getting used to my setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostsword View Post
Hi, do you use a spraybar, or mist them every day? it looks amazing.
I should mist them every day but its more like 3-4 times a week.

I also just ordered 4 new crypts...I haven't decided if some will go in here or in my 100 MS...which I really want to turn into a crypt extravaganza!

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 02:35 AM
Aroid Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonorr View Post
Hey Jerry,
Pygmy sundew actually has not looked as good over the past few weeks. Loosing the pink and looks like its dying off. or maybe its getting used to my setup.
It may not be getting enough light. Sundews like as much light as you can give them. I have mine 10" from 2 100W spiral CF bulbs and they still don't have full color.

---

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaniac89 View Post
It may not be getting enough light. Sundews like as much light as you can give them. I have mine 10" from 2 100W spiral CF bulbs and they still don't have full color.
Whoa...then its starving...lol
I will post a picture soon.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
I keep my sundews in trays of water in the air outdoors in summer or on a windowsill in winter.

Jerry Smith Bloomingdale, NJ, USA

65 Gal Tanganyikan Biotope:
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

I pulled out the sundew...it looks terrible...
but I added some really nice crypts...
C. minima
C. ideii
C. x timahensis
C. spiralis

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 03:27 AM
Aroid Addict

Oh man, you got one of the C. x timahensis? I'm so jealous . I was on a spending freeze when those were put up for sale.

---

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode