Moving plants from aquarium to emersed Set up - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (6/100%)
Moving plants from aquarium to emersed Set up

I'm setting up an emersed tank to grow some plants. I have some anubias I want to transfer over but thier badly infected with black beard algae. I'm gonna clean as much off as possible but I can't get the stuff off the edges of the leaves. Will it be ok just to transfer them and leave some BBA on them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)
BBa won't grow above water if that what you mean. You can always spray it with very weak solution of excel or h2o2, bba will die quickly. Some of the leaves on anubias would melt away, but it should grow back quickly. Look at my setup for more info if you'd like
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...k-warning.html

Ckeck out my photography&travel blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And "Like Us" on Facebook

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I was more wondering about how the dead algae would effect the leaves once out of water.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantsome View Post
I was more wondering about how the dead algae would effect the leaves once out of water.
I suggest leaving them until new ones grow and then cut them off. BB is PITA to scrape off even above water

Ckeck out my photography&travel blog

And "Like Us" on Facebook

Thanks

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I took some of my plants and put them in a baggie in complete darkness for a week and some of the algae has died. I'm hoping I can kill the bba off before I move them to my emersed set up.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode