You all should seriously consider starting a vivarium.
I've had my planted tank for about 8 months, and my dart frog tank for almost 3 months.
I guess I just want to make a PSA that I think many members of this board would find a vivarium incredibly rewarding.
Here is my experience so far:
1) Holy crap is this thing low maintenance. Compared to my planted tank and doing water changes, fertilizing, water parameters etc. my viv takes hardly any time at all. I feed some dusted fruit flies every other day, hand mist the tank every day or so if I even remember, and start a couple fly cultures every 2 weeks. That is literally it. Takes about 1 minute of work every other day for full maintenance.
2) In spite of how ridiculously easy it has been to maintain, my viv honestly looks an order of magnitude better than my planted tank. Despite my best efforts, my low tech tank looks decent but not really spectacular. My viv on the other hand looks more like a zoo exhibit. Using the insulation foam/silicone/coco fiber method along with lots of cork bark to make a background, it looks really natural. My fish tank looks like a fish tank. My viv looks like a rainforest.
3) Plants are a lot easier to grow, you don't have to fertilize, and you can have pretty much any correctly sized plant you want with any setup. It is easy to include colored and flowing plants. I have a much larger diversity of plants in my viv than my planted tank, from bromeliads to tillandsias to ferns and more.
4) No stupid algae/cyanobacteria/diatoms/more stupid algae to worry about. I don't have to do anything to keep my viv looking great. My fish tank on the other hand... lets not go there.
5) Maybe it is just me, but I find that getting random diseases in fish tanks is very common, and over the course of your aquarium you will probably have disease issues and lose some fish. So far so good with my frogs though. I just have a feeling that my frogs aren't going to have issues like my sensitive little fish do.
6) Owning dart frogs is so uncommon that people are usually really impressed when they see them.
So yeah, I just wanted to share how great my vivarium experience has been so far. I guarantee anyone who loves planted tanks like I do will also love a vivarium.