Solitude, my 125 gallon vivarium - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Solitude, my 125 gallon vivarium

I haven't been in the game for a while, but I just got started back up and thought I would share some pics of my newest build, Solitude. It will be home to about a dozen Phyllobates Vittatus that a friend of mine is raising from tads and should be available around the first of the year.

Hope you enjoy it

Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world ~ Nelson Mandela

-Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Looks excellent! Loving the mushrooms on the wood..
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
very cool. I'd love to have a little slice of nature like this. how much maintenance is required?

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Thank you!! The shrooms pop up here and there. Nice little adds surprises.

Maintenance is minimal. I spent more time on my planted tanks. The vivs get misted daily. Frogs fed daily, that's it. I drain any excess water out weekly.

Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world ~ Nelson Mandela

-Bill

post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 05:46 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
that's awesome. any build pictures?

I've a 12g nano cube that I've ripped the overflow/built in sump out of. I've everything I need to get started on a viv, other than a small water pump. just need the time to finish cleaning the tank glass, desalting it, and planning out a build.

do you have a flora list? the appearance of yours is really what I want to go with. something more north american forest, than south american tropics.

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Very good.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Awesome stuff! Good to see you back!!!

Angelo

"Why can't my wife see all of this stuff as an investment?"
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 06:39 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
well done bill! been a while but your back to your old tricks i see.

looks great!!

JD
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

That looks so good I can hear the crickets and the frogs. Just amazing thanks for sharing it with us.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapegoat View Post
that's awesome. any build pictures?

I've a 12g nano cube that I've ripped the overflow/built in sump out of. I've everything I need to get started on a viv, other than a small water pump. just need the time to finish cleaning the tank glass, desalting it, and planning out a build.

do you have a flora list? the appearance of yours is really what I want to go with. something more north american forest, than south american tropics.

Build pics are not a problem. It was a very simple build. Those pics will follow.

A flora list, hmmm, gonna need a few days on this to sit myself down and put it together. There are about 50 species in there, so it might take a bit.

This is actually going to get more tropical as it grows in. And already is starting to.

-Bill

post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Build pics. It was very simple, River stone as a drainage layer. Some peat moss in the aquatic section for the plants there, screening, soil, hardscape and plants.

That's pretty much it.

-Bill

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 01:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Very cool.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 01:44 AM
Algae Grower

This is so cool. I've only just started tinkering around with terrariums, with some hobbyist background in various types of aquaria. I'm kinda lurking around the forums as I start to think about setting up a new planted tank, and I just stumbled upon this gem.

Everything I'm seeing in the threads here is awe-inspiring! I never thought to grow mushrooms along with plants, that's wild The possibilites!
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 02:04 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (59/100%)
Very nice and looks so natural.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Very nice, as usual Bill. Love the simplicity of this one.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode