Betta Riparium? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Betta Riparium?

Heya!

I was interested in perhaps setting up a small (~10g or so, it might and probably will be bigger :p) betta sorority/gourami biotope in the future.

A riparium will be new territory for me (I keep all planted aquariums currently, I don't think its THAT far a strech, but still!).

I'm really wondering what kind of plants you could keep in it, that still fulfill biotope and riparium :p

Are you still able to keep plants submersed in the water, in addition to having plants in rafts/pots?

What different challenges will a riparium present?

Thanks! <3

..I wonder if you can keep rice plants. That'd be interesting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 06:48 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (153/100%)
If you keep betta in an open-top riparium then you should have the water level lowered to at least several inches below the top rim of the tank. Bettas jump out of tanks worse than probably any other kind of fish.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)
i have my betta in a derimmed 2.5g and he hasn't jumped out.. you should be fine having both plants above and under water... just have enough light to maintain both. i just planted some spider plants, yellow iris and questionable english ivy (unsure what the ivy will do over time) plus i threw in some lucky bamboo i had that my son insisted on having.

---
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--
---

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 02:19 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
I have a betta in a 20g long planted tank with some riparium plants, but plenty of open area for it to jump, it has not. I think killi fish are more prone to jumping from my reading than betta, but that's just my opinion, no experience with anything jumping yet.. I don't count my pleco jumping out of my hands for a in-promp-to flight onto the carpet when transferring him to a large tank as jumping since he was already manually removed from the water >.>
I've not kept sororities so if you have a female getting harassed a lot she might jump (might not though).

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

~
~
~
~
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 11:07 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
My betta jumped out of my open top tank a few weeks ago...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode