my terrariums - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
my terrariums

the big one is in a 20 gallon with a spray foam background, the mossy stuff is riccia

the small one has riccia, a waterfall and bacopa monnieri (sp?)

this one is a 10 gallon on its end, or "vertical" it has lava rocks on the back, the spreading stuff is baby tears

-Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
CL
Planted Tank Guru

oh, and in the first one is a. nana, im sure youll recognize it

-Chris

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Is there any fauna in these tanks?

Too poor to keep any tanks up

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
CL
Planted Tank Guru

i was going to get some d. azuras (sp?) (dart frogs) for the big one but never did

-Chris

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Planted Member

Those darts are sweet. It would be really cool if you got some. I may have a tank with a pair in the future.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
CL
Planted Tank Guru

ok, some of the stuff has grown, i trimmed the lower leaves of the pothos (the vining housplant thing) and it is growing up the wall, i added java moss to the wall and the palms have grown, the baby tears have also grown and i spread out some of the shoots. i added some riccia to the pond a

this is a top view of the small one, the hc has grown, it is at the top of the waterfall (the top left corner, i kinda blends in with the riccia in this picture, even tho the riccia is on the ground)

-Chris

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Planted Member

Looks very nice

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 06:39 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
The first terrarium would be a fantastic enclosure for dart frogs. Maybe a small bromiliad or something.

Could always keep a couple of red eye tree frogs too. Not quite as sensitive as dart frogs, and they are just as interesting and attractive.

I like the ones with the blue on the side like these:

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=14&de=526199

Filstar Pimp #106

- XP2, Dual Aquaticlife link Fixture , Pressurized CO2, DIY Reactor, EI dosing

On hold for a while...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
CL
Planted Tank Guru

ya, i really thought about red eyes, but locally, the guy want $99 a piece!
yes i love the blue on the side also, especially the green stripes in it, with darts, i didnt want to have to breed fruit flies and my local pet store doesnt always have pinhead crickets (i think they would eat the plants anyway)

-Chris

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
CL
Planted Tank Guru

oh, and the first one was modeled after these
brianstropicals.com

-Chris

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
CL
Planted Tank Guru

lol one more thing, i have gotten the bacopa monnieri in the 1st tank to bloom, beautiful yellow flowers

-Chris

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 05:41 AM
Banned

PTrader: (40/100%)
Send a message via AIM to deleted_user_16
r there any inhabitants?
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
clwatkins10 -

If you want to get a good deal on frogs, probably the best bets are the site I posted earlier or go to a reptile show in your area when you get a chance. If you are interested, I could find a comany that I have delt with in the past that breeds their own dart frogs. They breed just about everything that you can think of. They are VERY nice people and they do things as a part time gig. They are based out of SC though.

As far as the crickets go, I really don't think pinheads would do enough damage to see visually. If you were able to get a feel for feeding the perfect amount, then you wouldn't have to worry about rougue crickets anyways. That kinsnake.com site is a great resorce for everything reptile and anphibian related. You can buy just about anything you can think of from links on that site, including crickets (of all sizes).

Filstar Pimp #106

- XP2, Dual Aquaticlife link Fixture , Pressurized CO2, DIY Reactor, EI dosing

On hold for a while...
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
CL
Planted Tank Guru

cool thanks for the tip, ive seen that site before and it is very nice

-Chris

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 04:03 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fruit flies are dirt cheap to culture. Probably costs me 30 bucks to feed all my frogs for a year +. Also, there are cheaper darts, such as Dendrobates auratus, which I've seeen as low as $25, although standard morphs usually run between $30-35.

-Pat

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode