Fire belly toads - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)
Fire belly toads

So I have five tadpoles right now and there sprouting legs, there in a small critter keeper wil two pieces of wood to climb out on, java moss in one corner and duck weed all over the place, there on a diet of blood worms, fruit flies and larvae. And tadpole pellets. Growing rather rapidly.

My questions are what is the smallest container I can keep them in. How fast will the get to be adult size(like the pet store sell them) and what's the best way to set up there enclosure (pictures would be muchky appreciated)

must....have.....more....moss n shrimp!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
My baby fire bellys are now 1 week into their "Frog stage" i have 4 and atm keep them in a 1.5 gallon nano exo terra.. I use wet paper towel as a substrate and a very shallow clean exo terra water bowl so they can jump in a go for a swim, then i have some live java fern pieces I keep them in room temp, with dim UVB lighting on 10 hours each day.

I have been feeding them fresh cut up mealworms atm as thats all i have available... Going to try some f/t bloodworms Tuesday though. I feed them every other day.

They grow as fast as you feed them, keep them well fed with a healthy variety of foods, keep them very clean and they will grow faster and healthier. It does take quite some time though. A month or 2 of baby frog faze before they get to that nice adult size you see i petstores.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Retired.

-5 Gallon Tank. -Retired
-Davey the Bearded dragon.
-Couple little rescue lap dogs: Boots and Teddy.
-2 Holland lop house rabbits- Percy and Pippen.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 01:26 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (59/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtletanks91 View Post
My questions are what is the smallest container I can keep them in. How fast will the get to be adult size(like the pet store sell them) and what's the best way to set up there enclosure (pictures would be muchky appreciated)
2 gallons should be enough for tadpoles but once they start growing move them to a bigger tank. I don't know how long will take to grow to adult size frogs.
Here is the set up I had for mine: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...8490&highlight=

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)
I don't think I knew what I was getting into. 0.0 I don't have room for another tank let alone the 2 gallon tank there in right now, my friend said she has had hers for 6 months now and there no bigger than a quarter. But have red bellies etc,

must....have.....more....moss n shrimp!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode