Paludarium question - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Paludarium question

Im building a 10g mess, basically just experimenting with a Paludarium (sp?) so I layed out the egg crate, got coconut fiber and some slate, and I finally decided on my back ground lay out. Procured some GS foam. What I was a little uncertain about is I want to use Miracle Grow organic in some spots to put my crypts in. Would you just use weed block to stop it from falling through? Do you even recommend using it? Would you just put down some filter fabric and plant plants to dangle into the water and put like bark over the fabric. What do you recommend ?

This creation is just going to house a few fish and I haven't decided on the terrestrial creature yet. Its going to be high humidity. Their are some amazing looking frogs, but their are anoles spiders, snakes etc. etc.. I definitely see why we end up with tank after tank after tank...

29g Tetra Tank
100g Planted Angel/Clown Loach
I can't spell...Im an engineer, I do math
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)
10g is a little small to be doing a land creature and fish..
but we all know thats not gonna stop someone from doing what they want.

i have never built a paludarium, but i have definitely looked into them. it seems like a lot of people use that plastic window screen stuff to wrap up their falsebottom so nothing nasty gets in there and decays. im thinking that dirt would fall through that so yes you would need something to hold up that dirt. have you checked out dendroboard? im sure you could find answers there if this forumn doesnt give you the info your looking for.

good luck, post your results here when your done!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Yeah 10g wasn't my first choice, but I got a bunch of them from a some random person who set a few out side the road, so this is just a trial run see what comes out good what sucks you know the cheap "this is what I should have done" experiment. Window screen is cool idea, don't fear on the tank choices its going to have a beta and maybe a frog max,
If I had unlimited space and money Id convert a whole room into a tank...

29g Tetra Tank
100g Planted Angel/Clown Loach
I can't spell...Im an engineer, I do math
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode