I want to try this... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (3/100%)
It is such a beautiful tank, I can see this in my living room !
http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/aquascapes.htm ...Click on Paludarium's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 05:16 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have been to that site before and marveled at them.
They are just too cool! Plus I like the site's music :lol:
Dunno if you have seen this site yet, but I think it is pretty cool for a DIY.

Click Me!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 01:39 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Paludaria don't usually float my boat, but I really like that one.

James

James

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 01:42 PM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
I've been wanting to start a paludarium for a while. Now that I'ves een those poison dart frags Gareth showed us, I want one even more!

https://www.plantedtank.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12859

- Sam P -
Low Tech Planted Nanos with Bettas
Former Tank Journals:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Planted Member

Yeah, I fell in love with a paludarium a while back. They had some sort of water dragon in there, plus a bunch of HAPPY fishies in the bottom. Beautiful plants, even some Japanese painted fern growing in there. Want, want, want.

Stacey
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for that link Kelly, his pricing is a bit outta whack but the ideas and tips are great ! I am considering doing this in the fall as it is definately not in my schedule "or wallet" right now with buying the new house next month.

These tanks are like the best of both worlds... :lol:
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 04:39 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
I've been wanting to do a vivarium for years, but never got to it. My dream tho, would be a 42 gallon hex, vivariu, with a water fall down the back, running into a stream that runs around the outside of the tank, with a pair of red eyed tree frogs. One of these days, I'm gunna do it!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 10:21 AM

Would a cheap full bath make a good vivarium shell? Sorry for rekindling such an old thread, but after seeing those tanks, it makes me want to make one out of a fiberglass shower. Just add a roof, glass doors and a small glass sill, for viewing into the pool (Tub).

I am not talking about doing this to a personal shower, on an as-is state. I am thinking about dressing it up just like a normal vivarium. Use stone, cork-bark, cypress knees, hollowed out or fallen tree roots, some thick vines, lots of ivy, orchids, a waterfall from the center towel rack, hidden fogger jets, misting system, multi-level terrain, a little stone cliff running right up the center, and a realistic simulated sunrise/set lighting system.

Oh, and a frog...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Zurp-
did you ever do it?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 03:24 AM

Now that I have an iguana... I am thinking more and more about doing it! I found some plastic shower wall stuff, the kind that you see behind basement basin sinks, and behind restaurant sinks... I can bend and fold or cut it to my desired shape. It is cheaper than buying a fiberglass shower and easy to work with. Now I still have to find a tub area to hold the substrate. I was thinking about a cement mixing tub or possibly a cheap plastic tote container (Tupperware/Rubber-maid).
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Algae Grower

Hey Zurp, I've eard of people using the fiberglass showers as terrariums for red eye tree frogs and such, I woulde be worried with an iguana though for a couple reasons they get big, they are pretty heavy relativly speaking... theyd crush lots of the plants in there or rip them with the nails. They eat veggies so they might take a likeing to some of you plants. They need heat wich most plants wont be too happy and with the heat humidity and iggy waste its gonna get stanking in there lol! Just some thoughts I deal with verrariums terrariums dart frogs and herps all the time
I'd say do the shower terrarium for a colony of red eyes (8-12), a small colony of Dendrobates auratus(5-8) and a pair of small day geckos ... you could use corck wood slabs to cover the back and plant up the walls you'll have frogs singing and breeding in no time. would look great!

Just some thoughts and Ideas,

-Juan-Carlos

-Juan-Carlos Munoz

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 05:33 PM

(Clarification)

These are two seporate tanks, one would be a full 6' X 6' X 6' area for the iguana. and the other woudl be more of a shower setup. The shower setup was only going to be about 6' wide X 3' deep X 3' tall. I was just borrowing my idea of the shower wall setup form my old idea for an iguana setup.

I wanted to use the shower wall for the iguana because it would be easy to clean, and not allow him to crawl directly up the walls. For the terrarium, I wanted it because it is cheaper than glass and waterproof. I hate fake backgrounds, and I only want glass on the front for viewing. I planned on corking and covering the white walls with natural items, since there are an abundancy of them around here.

(I live only an hour away from Black Jungle Terrarium Supply, we share the same back yard.)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode