75 Gallon Display - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
75 Gallon Display

First of all to get this out of the way...If you live in the Edmonton Alberta area and want a custom tank send me a pm....shameless advertisement complete

Anyways, here is a picture of the tank as of last night. I have a few simple videos explaining what I did and what the plans are for the end result, so if you want some additional info please watch them first. I'll be posting more videos along the way, so if you want to see them in advance to me posting on here, subscribe!

Hope you guys like it as much as I do so far. Im looking forward to finishing the background and planting it using my very specific plant choices.

75 Gallon Display - Part 1 - YouTube

75 Gallon Display - Part 2 - YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)
Looks good so far, however there is work to be done, no time for sitting back with your feet up

Semper Fi
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Haha I know. If I could I would try and finish it all in a day. Making backgrounds differs from aquariums because you have to wait so much for stuff to dry. Its a patient waiting game for sure.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Planted Member

have your feet up on the job is fine the only problem i see is that i dont see a beer any place so im going to assume theres one in your hand. great looking tank
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)
Oh I can imagine. I really want to try my hand at a background at some point. Keep up the good work man, I look foward to seeing it progress.

Semper Fi
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Wow really nice, but that is a 75g? Looks more like a 30g cube. What do you plan on housing in the in there? I wish there were ADA terrariums, I would totally get one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Lol fyi, telling someone their tank looks 2.5 times smaller then it actually is isnt a compliment. The tank measurements are 24x24x30", so yes 75 gallons

It would be almost impossible to make a rimless tank for a vivarium, because the top needs to be sealed completely, yet still be easily accessible on a daily basis. This tank will house a family of arboreal dart frogs, so they would just climb out within the first minute. Unless you flop a giant piece of glass ontop, there is no other rimless/seamless option. It isnt the tank itself that makes the final product look good though in my opinion. Even the worst layout can make an ADA tank look bad
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Looks great! Any updates?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Oh I am sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, I haven't seen a 75 gal with dimensions like that. The driftwood is fantastic, some frog will be very happy. And as for the ADA I know it isn't practical and wouldn't work but I still like the thought.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
Hey Grimm!

Canon Pimp Club #019

"I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip"

E

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hey man. Coming here to learn about planted tanks I see :P I just came to look at them and search through the best lol
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 03:30 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
Well give me a few months, I haven't had time to add mine to the list

As soon as the frog tanks are sold off I am setting up either a 75 or 90 gal planted with discus. Hopefully that won't bother my allergies.

Canon Pimp Club #019

"I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip"

E

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Yeah I had a super bad run with allergies last year. Its was my big moldy and mite infested isopod culture. Havent had a reaction since I sold it.

Haha yeah good luck with it man. I'll check around for your build thread here.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 04:33 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

great tanks! i watched a bunch of your videos on youtube! very awesome! makes me want reptile! lol someday!

Amy

(Scarlet Badis)
Algae Pimp

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode