I have done a ton of researching about these paludarium tanks. Just something about them is extremely enticing to me.. Anyways, I had a spare 10gal tank and about 120$ laying around so I decided to try it out and make one.
- 10 gal tank (Already had)
- 501 canister filter (30$ on Craigslist)
- Airline tubing and carbon (with canister filter)
- Styrofoam (4$)
- Superglaze (20$)
- Cement mix (10$)
- Sillicon (5$ each)
All my equipment!
Testing the canister out... you never know what you'll get on craigslist....
cut and fitted the main background styro
assembling... I am using nails to hold all the styro together
that hole is where the canister intake will go
concrete still wet. not gonna lie, it looks kinda bad... but im still going with it. this is a learning experience :p
so i started over, and after about a week, this is what I have finally come up with!
This is the hole on the top where the water will come from
there it is with a couple pieces of wood. sorry about the picture quality, i took it with my phone :p the water is a little murky, but i was already expecting it to be that way. I picked some moss from outside and stuck them to the rock and i hope they will grow....