Frogs and shrimp? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Frogs and shrimp?

My vivarium has a pond at one end, so will dart frogs and shrimp get along?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Aroid Addict

PTrader: (76/100%)
If they can fit it in their mouth, frogs will eat it. However, PDF's aren't the quickest frogs, so it may be okay. I'd throw a couple cheap shrimp in and monitor them for a couple weeks to make sure they'll do okay first.

Got Plants?-6 CO2 + 12 H2O → C6H12O6 + 6 O2 + 6 H2O

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---

Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)
I can't imagine why they wouldn't. Dart frogs aren't big on swimming, and shrimp aren't overly fond of dry land, so I can't see any problems developing between the two. Though I've never kept the frogs, so maybe someone with some more experience there will have something more to say on the subject.

Feeling adventurous? Maybe check out my current

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

The tank is 55 gallon and the pond is about 6" deep so they will not be that close.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
PDF's won't even go into the water so i doubt it'll be a problem. the frogs also may drown in there, so make sure they can egt out easily.

75G Paludarium Build Thread:

filstar pimp #171
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

There is driftwood that is in the pond and on shore.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (9/100%)
any pics of this vivarium? i don't have any advice to offer, but am very interested in this idea. maybe try something cheap (as previously suggested) like ghost or rcs to see if it works out?

wish ya the best of luck!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Here it is. I am still working on it plants are not cheep, so nothing real great in there. No frogs or shrimp yet just tree feeder gold fish that growing to big, the pond is only 3.5 gallon.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
yeah that won't be a problem. the frogs won't drown. also, those goldfish need really big tanks... i wouldn't put them in less than a 75g when they are full grown and that tank really doesn't look like it has 3.5 gallons in it... looks more like 1 gallon.

75G Paludarium Build Thread:

filstar pimp #171
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

The gold fish are feeders (cheep only .50 each) and were about a 1/4" long when I got them, two didn't make I had filter problems there are three now. They have grown a lot and are going out to the water garden in a week or so. The pond looks small but it holds about 3 or 3.5 gallons, I didn't think it would hold that much when I finished it but it did.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode