need lighting help - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
need lighting help

I finally finished my mourning gecko vivarium but sill need lighting. Having a really hard time figuring out how to add a light for plants that would be safe for the geckos and look good with this set up.

The enclosure is 14" wide, abut 16" deep from highest point to dirt. 10" front to back.

I modified the Wardian case by adding vent. (made vent frame on 3d printer and used stainless steel mesh that I darkened using heat)

Mourning geckos don't need heat and don't "need" uvb, but I need the plants to thrive.
Ignore the light in the picture, was temporary.

Any lighting ideas? My brain hurts trying to figure this out. It's not near a window.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 12:37 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Probably any floodlight/worklight led/t8-5 should be enough. Anything cheap. No water to reduce the light, just air. Should be able to get away with a lot. (I'm a complete vivarium noob!!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 09:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
I use a lot of clamp work lamps with 13 watt clfs 6500k for my tanks, and on my riparium in the past.
I'm going to be using a 4' long 4 bulb t5 again with 6500k bulbs over my 55g vivarium (4' long, 2 high, 1' deep) on chains to adjust to get in tank or if it gets too warm from the light.
I am only using medium to low light plants in there, don't know lighting needs for your broms. The Fittonia and Alocosia polly I've had and do well in medium light.
I've not had great luck with LEDs-they tend to burn out way to fast for how much they cost to be worth it for me.

You may have better luck asking a mod to move this thread into the lighting section-may get more responses there.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
~

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode