Time for and update, I have been busy and when i wasnt busy I was lazy. So i will start with the last of the pics of the build
Here you can see the drip tube that will run across the top of the plant wall to soak the rockwool. This is hooked to a small water feature pump which pumps approx 30 - 40 gpH through the rockwool pad which should work as an effective filter/growing medium.
The first leak test 24hrs and i didnt lose a drop, in fact i gained a few from the pigeons flying over head. Needless to say it was thoroughly cleaned afterwards.
The tank is now filled and partly planted, inhabited by 5 - 6 endlers fry 2 spotted marsh frog tadpoles and 2 eastern banjo frogs, which have only been seen once since i put them in about 10 days ago, turns out they are burrowing frogs and really good at hiding.
This is one of the Eastern Banjo frogs taken in another tank before it was introdced to this paludarium.
I have decided that a pure Australian biotope would limit me too much in my plant selection so I have taken a bit of creative liberty and am now going for an Australian Inspired scape.
All that work wasn't for nothing
this is how i see the tank in my lounge room, the bottom tank is an endlers / RCS breeding tank... its a bit of a pain to maintain due to the lack of arm room above, but it means i can fit another tank in the lounge so i am ok with it
Thanks for looking, comments and criticism welcomed
I'll try and get beck on here soon and add a few more pics so let me know if you want to see something in particular.