Advice: ADA DOOA Wabi-Kusa/ Living Wall / EpiWeb IIS - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
P12
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Advice: ADA DOOA Wabi-Kusa/ Living Wall / EpiWeb IIS

I recently viewed the ADA DOOA Wabi-Kusa which I thought forms almost a mini paludarium with a living wall background. I want to see if I can do something similar with a small (2ft) planted tank that I am setting up – using the small ‘living wall’ as a form of filter and to have a natural planting transition. I wondered if anyone had any experience of doing this, if they had used the ADA DOOA Wabi-Kusa, if they had any experience of using the EpiWeb IIS system to achieve a similar outcome or if anyone had any general advice?

Please accept my apologies if this is rather a naive question – I am new to the forum and while have kept fish in planted aquariums for a number of years I realise that I have a great deal to learn!

Last edited by P12; 05-22-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 08:32 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by P12 View Post
I recently viewed the ADA DOOA Wabi-Kusa which I thought forms almost a mini paludarium with a living wall background. I want to see if I can do something similar with a small (2ft) planted tank that I am setting up – using the small ‘living wall’ as a form of filter and to have a natural planting transition. I wondered if anyone had any experience of doing this, if they had used the ADA DOOA Wabi-Kusa, if they had any experience of using the EpiWeb IIS system to achieve a similar outcome or if anyone had any general advice?

Please accept my apologies if this is rather a naive question – I am new to the forum and while have kept fish in planted aquariums for a number of years I realise that I have a great deal to learn!
onelongsundayafternoon is doing a build on the DOOA terra 30.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/12...hoto-only.html
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
P12
Algae Grower

Thanks!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
P12
Algae Grower

Epiweb iss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheWRX View Post
onelongsundayafternoon is doing a build on the DOOA terra 30.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/12...hoto-only.html
The pictures posted by The No Place to Be, No One to See look fantastic, however, the price of the ADA system is out of my range. I wondered if anyone had used the EPIWEB IIS system to achieve a similar effect? This looks to me to be a cost effective way of achieving a similar outcome...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 12:29 AM
Planted Member

Epiweb does not appear to improve the price once you include the tank/terrarium in the price. Unless I am missing something.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
P12
Algae Grower

I thought the ADA DOOA Wabi-Kusa Wall 60 was about 179 Euro? On top of this I think you need a stand (for the wall at 40 Euro). I am not sure if this includes the pump. So a total of about 220 pounds (excluding pump and tank).

The EPIWEB II system comes in at about £29.99 for a 500 x 600 mm system. This doesn't include a pump, however, this can be purchased for about 30 pounds. So a total of about 60 pounds including the pump but excluding the tank.

The ADA system does, however, look amazing!

Last edited by P12; 06-01-2018 at 11:26 PM. Reason: typo

Tags
ada dooa wabi-kusa, epiweb iis, filteration, living wall, paludarium

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode