Links for my e-book - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Links for my e-book

I have been getting really nice replies, so I just had to figure out a way to host these links for obtaining my little book (or abstract since there aren't many pages).

Took me a while to do and it is free, so please provide a bit of feedback.

Last edited by TequariumLerro; 09-08-2010 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Removed links since Eden provided a better one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

you give no details on whats in the book and you have only 22 posts why would I down load this...

Keep trolling.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)
It is safe, I think. I downloaded it and scanned it and it came back with nothing. I think it is a good start, it looks like informative paper. It doesn't have a 'book' feel to it. But it feels like a nice informative article. The pictures are nice,

Next time, upload it to google docs and you may not have people be wary of PDF, since people do not know you well enough and viruses can be spread via PDF.

Here is a google doc version, if it okay with you.:
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...ZDZjYjAz&hl=en

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsonaaron View Post
you give no details on whats in the book and you have only 22 posts why would I down load this...

Keep trolling.....
I provided details about the topic, added a couple of images, replied to other posts, and added more images. You and other members might find it interesting and informative, besides all of that, it is free.

I am in China and many things are blocked, so I needed alternative methods. Also had done it in MS word (Chinese version making it more difficult). Obooko.com was my first choice but it couldn't be uploaded there because it was more than 3mb, which I realized later.

It was intended to be about 35 pages, but I kept it short being that I start classes tomorrow and needed to finish, so I could devote attention to my students (you know how involved we get in this aquarium stuff).

I can't guarantee that the links are safe, but I can guarantee that all the information contained in the PDF is about the topic of this thread. It looks better as a PDF so that is the reason for it being in PDF format. Maybe I should have just done it as a journal on this forum.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
Nice work Mitch! Thanks for sharing, and thanks to Eden for turning it into a Google doc.

You could have added a few explaining words in your original post for those not familiar with your work.

If you'd like, pm KyleT (our admin) and I am sure he can work it into the articles section of this forum.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks Eden for providing the link!

It should be sufficient. If the Administrator would like to add any or all contents to the article section, this would be fine with me.

BTW, I like that 270 plywood conversion. Wanted to do a plywood aquarium, but wasn't sure if it would work. Also plywood, unlike glass, is expensive here. All the Tequariums that I posted only cost me about 60 US dollars.

I started making these myself, because it is faster and more fun. I'm giving the moss one to my friend next door and making a new one for my boss. You seem like you know what you are doing, so you could build one quite easily.

I want to use wood instead of plastic for frames lining the bottom sides and back for additional support. What type of wood would you recommend?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TequariumLerro View Post
You seem like you know what you are doing, so you could build one quite easily.
That's why I thank you for sharing your work. Very inspiring for others to follow.

I am a bit opposed to open tanks, worried about humidity/mold on walls. Plus my wife would prolly lock my out if I start another aquarium project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequariumLerro View Post
I want to use wood instead of plastic for frames lining the bottom sides and back for additional support. What type of wood would you recommend?
I am not much of a woodworker, so someone like Hoppy and others might be able to give you better information. Cheap soft wood like pine tends to move/shrink more than better hardwood like oak and maple. Plywood is often better for these purposes, since it is strong, stays straight and doesn't split as easy as regular wood.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode