Gekko gecko, my tokay - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Gekko gecko, my tokay

here is my 20g long tokay enclosure with pothos and philodendron its a bit bare on the plants because I just "pruned" and replanted a few weeks ago and it hasnt grown back into a jungle yet and here is my large male the femmes are hiding currently.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4755.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	23318  

Name:	DSCN4756.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	23319  

Name:	DSCN4757.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	23320  

"[Wabi-sabi] nurtures all that is authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect." -original author unknown-

125g marine reef tank, 6 gallon fluval edge minimalist aquascape (in progress), 1 gallon aqueon evo 2 betta tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Banned

PTrader: (105/94%)
Those guys are pretty!

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
There so cute!!!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via AIM to VadimShevchuk Send a message via Skype™ to VadimShevchuk
Those are some cool geckos. Are they expensive or a common type?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 02:13 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (76/94%)
I've always been a fan of these guys. Forever ago when I had my iguana(lived to 13!) I always wanted one.

Now I have a turtle (mexican wood turtle, not sure which type) that I had in high school... gave away... and rescued back 10 years later.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VadimShevchuk View Post
Those are some cool geckos. Are they expensive or a common type?
they are common, ranging from $20-30 sometimes less, the two females I picked up at a reptile expo for $15 each.

"[Wabi-sabi] nurtures all that is authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect." -original author unknown-

125g marine reef tank, 6 gallon fluval edge minimalist aquascape (in progress), 1 gallon aqueon evo 2 betta tank.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Aroid Addict

PTrader: (76/100%)
Nice Tokays! I just wish Tokays didn't try to bite everything that moves .

Got Plants?-6 CO2 + 12 H2O → C6H12O6 + 6 O2 + 6 H2O

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---

Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Awesome geckos! I really want one!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 11:35 PM
F22
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
have you guys seen the designer tokays yet? I think the patternless ones are the coolest things i have ever seen.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yeah, they are very cool looking. I have been hoping to catch some at a local reptile expo, but all I can seem to find is lots of standards. I would love to find a patternless or color morphed female to go in with my big males harem. or even a possible breedable pair to go in their own setup.
I refuse to buy any reptiles site unseen anymore, I have had really poor expiriences with the reptiles health the few times I have done that.

My next herp addition will probably be Leach's Giant Gecko (Rhacodactylus leachianus), just because I want to have a growling gecko, I have one that barks now I need a growler.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaniac89 View Post
Nice Tokays! I just wish Tokays didn't try to bite everything that moves .
LOL yeah they are a tough one to tame, it can be done though with extreme patience, and a little bravery. i have gotten my big male to eat out of my hand (and yess he has taken some flesh in the process) but he wont climb on me yet. I and working on getting him to think of me as another tank decoration, or rather "big tree that moves"

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 01:13 PM
F22
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
reef if you are serious about a leachie, let me know, one of my friends is one of the top leachianus breeder in the states.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I am definatly serious about the leach's its just a matter of when, right now we are about maxed on space for animal residences in our house. possibly once I find a good placement for the iguana we rescued. My wife and I do a lot of animal rescues and try not to bring in "bought" pets since there are so many needing rescue. our animals in residence reads like a zoo. I'll detail a short list for the curious.

3 ferrets (all rescues)
3 tokays (mine)
3 ball pythons (all rescues)
3 chichilla (1 my wifes 2 rescues)
2 guinea pigs (both rescues)
1 hamster (rescue)
1 african bullfrog (my wifes)
1 green iquana (rescue)
16 cats (about half rescues, some are fosters through "Save our strays" http://www.saveourstraysinmaine.org/dnn/default.aspx (I dont know if I am allowed to post this link or not but they can take my birthday away for it if they like) some of our rescues have horrible stories like "gravel pit girty" who was found buried to her neck in a gravel pit alive and left for dead. If you look on the save our stays site at available for adoption Oscar, Guiness, Archie, and Bear< are all currently residing with my wife and I untill suitable homes are found for them.
3 dogs all pure bred Shar pei (ours)

the list of animals recued and placed over the last few years would boggle the mind. I know it really blows me away when I think about how many animals we have taken in revived and placed in great homes. at one point we were well over 50 animals living with us at one time. and we are just 2 people.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode