My Paludarium Build (timeline) - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 07:42 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Awesome tank! I am almost ready to start my paludarium, and you are giving me lots to think about.
Amphibiman and Amphibiman like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 08:30 PM
Algae Grower

so amazing, looking forward for your updates!
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I've almost finished the paludarium portion of the tank build. I just need to do some minor detailing, so I thought I would update the thread.

The aquarium portion is just breaking ground. Once I have it near completion, I will update everyone again.

Here is a video of the paludarium.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mItl...ature=youtu.be

post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 09:40 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphibiman View Post
I've almost finished the paludarium portion of the tank build. I just need to do some minor detailing, so I thought I would update the thread.

The aquarium portion is just breaking ground. Once I have it near completion, I will update everyone again.

Here is a video of the paludarium.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mItl...ature=youtu.be
The link doesn't work, it says the video is unavailable
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland_Aquatics View Post
The link doesn't work, it says the video is unavailable
Okay, sorry about that, the video is now listed at unlisted not private. That should make it available to you.
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Algae Grower

I love this so much... great choice on your stone by the way, it will go great with the backround. Good luck!

recognize the OODA loop within everything you do
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 06:44 PM
Algae Grower

Wow, that is beautiful. It looks like a tonne of hanging vines...can only imagine what it will be like with plants.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 02:28 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (58/100%)
This project is amazing. The amount of thought and planning that goes into a project like this can definitely be seen by the result that is shown so far. This is the first thread that I look at when I visit this site and look forward to every little update. Did you have the aquarium built or did you build it yourself?

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ua hua View Post
This project is amazing. The amount of thought and planning that goes into a project like this can definitely be seen by the result that is shown so far. This is the first thread that I look at when I visit this site and look forward to every little update. Did you have the aquarium built or did you build it yourself?
I drew up the plan. The aquarium shop in my town did the tank and stand.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 06:24 PM
Algae Grower

My first sub on this site.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 02:19 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Updates????

Don't be one of those that starts an amazing build and quit posting so nobody can see the results of your hard work. I have seen too many of those threads in the years of being on here.

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

So I went on a scuba diving trip and I'm finally getting back to the project.

This is the beginning of the hardscape in the bottom of the aquarium portion of the build. As you can see from the picture, the stone is pieced together similarly to the stone wall and waterfall in the paludarium portion. The gravel gradually elevates the stone as it makes it's way from the front to the back of the aquarium. This allows for a lower tier in the foreground a mid tier in the midground and a higher tier in the background. This will give the look some depth.

Along the walls I've started layering driftwood to mask the background. Identical to what is seen in the paludarium. Once I have the driftwood portion complete I will post another image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aquarium Hardscape.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	762313  

post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Okay, latest update.

I started cycling the water to get a good look at the water flow. The paludarium is coming along well. I also set up the ultrasonic humidifiers. There are two stationed on the back wall. I failed to mention in the video that two of the holes in the PVC drip bar are feeding the custom made cups I mention in the video. The water then spills over from the cups and trickles down along the back wall.

I will post an image and description of the humidifiers I am using in the next post. Here is the video....

https://youtu.be/cI4t1i2_73w

Bump: Here is the humidifier I am using I purchased two...

http://thehouseofhydro.com/store/p80...ist_Maker.html
ua hua and ua hua like this.
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 03:22 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Getting closer. It's looking amazing.

What are the plans for the aquarium portion? What kind of plants are you going to use?

post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ua hua View Post
Getting closer. It's looking amazing.

What are the plans for the aquarium portion? What kind of plants are you going to use?
I'm going to go with a jungle theme (look).

Many plants will be rooted in small mesh bags filled with soil. I will embed the bags containing the plants into the walls of driftwood. This will allow plants to not only cover the bottom of the aquarium, but scale all the way up from the bottom to the surface.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode