So I went on a scuba diving trip and I'm finally getting back to the project.
This is the beginning of the hardscape in the bottom of the aquarium portion of the build. As you can see from the picture, the stone is pieced together similarly to the stone wall and waterfall in the paludarium portion. The gravel gradually elevates the stone as it makes it's way from the front to the back of the aquarium. This allows for a lower tier in the foreground a mid tier in the midground and a higher tier in the background. This will give the look some depth.
Along the walls I've started layering driftwood to mask the background. Identical to what is seen in the paludarium. Once I have the driftwood portion complete I will post another image.