Cobalt Crust Fungus - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Cobalt Crust Fungus

Hello forum.

I rather recently got into terrariums as a hobby, but it's sort of exploded into the nascent formations of a career, I think. I might be taking it a bit too far, and spending a bit too much of my paycheck on moss and jars. But no matter! I am passionate, I don't mind poverty for a few (hundred) jars of primitive plants and lichen. My question however, is about any one of your experience with fungus in your terrarium. I'm not talking mold from over-humid conditions, but actual fungus, like the sort pictured below, a lavender variation of Cobalt Crust Fungus which I found growing on a fallen ash branch in my yard. I so want to be able to put it into one of my terrariums, because I love the colour, but I don't want it to overtake my beautiful mosses or lichens, especially since this particular fungus seems to feed off the lichens already present on the branch.

Does anybody have any experience with this species of fungus, or other saprophytic fungi like it, or any fungus at all other than mold?

Tags
cobalt crust, cobalt crust fungus, fungus, terrarium

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode