Can a Bumble Bee Walking Toad be ok with Anoles in a 20H with Lots of Hiding Places? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question Can a Bumble Bee Walking Toad be ok with Anoles in a 20H with Lots of Hiding Places?

It's set up Perfect and tons of Hiding Places. I know the two are same temp and Humidity just that the anoles like more Light. But I do have many Shaded areas.

What I want to know is would they go after my little guy?

He's alone in a 5 gallon and before I got the anoles he was in the 20H and much more active in their.

If i get him some friends would he be more active?

Both set ups are Perfect and have lots of wood to climb on as well as frog moss and coconut dirt or whatever you call it for them to burrow in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Aroid Addict

PTrader: (76/100%)
Personally, I don't like to mix amphibians with anything. Toads and frogs all have some amount of toxin in their skin that can cause problems for anything else in the tank. Plus, you'd be surprised what a small toad can fit into it's mouth

Got Plants?-6 CO2 + 12 H2O → C6H12O6 + 6 O2 + 6 H2O

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---

Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 07:36 PM
F22
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
toads eat everything

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (17/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F22 View Post
toads eat everything
+1

Anoles & toads will pretty much eat anything that can fit in their mouth.

+1 on the toxins too.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
lots if hiding places helps. It'll make it to where there's a longer time before the inevitable death/dismemberment.

Sadly, reptiles/amphibians aren't very good candidates for mixing/matching.

20L build in progress

my 75 (the old tank)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 PM
F22
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
^ehhhh i dunno if i agree with that statement... it can be done if done carefully and with enough research. I have seen a tank with a water feature with newts all over the place and a chameleon. looked siiiick
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 04:55 AM
Algae Grower

if you keep them in a large enough system its possible long term. extremely careful planning has to go into the systems layout. One thing i have noticed with my anoles and toads (kept together in a 125) is that my anoles do not ever go to the floor of the terrarium because there is a significant amount of branchwork in the system. My toad stays on the ground and in his burrow far out of way of any anole. then again this is simply my personal experience and obviously success is determined by species of both parties as well as the ecosystem's size
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Banned

well I'm still on and off about it. The bumble bee walking toad is 1.5 inchs and adult size.

my green anoles are about 4inch adult size.

They are still in separate tanks.

I did re arrange the walking toads tank and he seemed to like it more. I want to get him a friend but they are 40$.

As of now I'm going to purchase a 5 shelf steel unit where each can hold 1500 and plan to get a 55. I was thinking of getting a 20 long for the toads.

i could test and see if the anoles go after the toad and just sit there for a few good hours.

I know the anoles stay at the top but I also know if their hungry the toad could be eaten. So maybe I 'm better off with him being alone.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode