wonder bubble terrarium - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
wonder bubble terrarium

Hi,

I was given a wonder bubble as a gift and would like to put plants in it and maybe some small bugs eventually.

I don't have any experience with terrariums though, and only succeeded in turning a pitcher plant into mold when I put it in a terrarium I inherited from my grandmother. I just put the pot and everything inside it and it still turned to mold so I am nervous about taking on this new hobby.

If I can successfully do one then I have 2 older square ones and a short strange shape one from Grandma that would be really special to fill as well.

The size of the bubble is 11 x 11 x 15 inches. My thought was to hide some 1" tall aliens game miniatures inside and make it look like some kind of forest maybe with old ruins if I can figure something out for that.
http://shop.prodosgames.com/1061-lar...n-stalkers.jpg

I would appreciate any advice you might have for me with this container and low light, also I'm unsure where to get plants. There are a few on Amazon that look like they might work, some mosses, pixie cups, and small ferns of some kind but there has to be a better source with more information about the plants needs and growth.
I'd like to get something that would have tree like appearance in comparison to the 1" figure but with the top being enclosed I guess it cant grow too much.

I would love any help you can give me!

Thanks, Misti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Wow... 134 views and no one even has a location to get plants, I must have been mistaken and came to the wrong forum. I will look for help somewhere else.

haha How fitting, the verify you are human box says get out.
https://gyazo.com/1dbe18aa2892353f6e258052668a0ee5

Last edited by Mistifire; 04-06-2016 at 06:09 PM. Reason: sp
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Planted Tank Guru

You are a little early, the riparium guys and gals come on a little later...

Cape Town, South Africa.

Hi. I'm back.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

the post has been up for a week
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 07:15 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Oi vey. Been working my nads off today replacing the geyser's drip tray, but will check tomorrow morning if I can assist.
Sure someone will pitch in soon enough.

Trees are often made by using a stick and tying moss to it to emulate the foliage.

Cape Town, South Africa.

Hi. I'm back.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 12:56 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hello. First off let me say, this is a quieter part of the forums. Dont be discouraged by the silence. Lots of lurkers. Lots of people busy with real life.

I dont have much time to reply right now and honestly I will probably forget to come back here to elaborate. But the advice I can give is to go to a local greenhouse or garden center for your plants. Often you can find small plants in 2" pots as well as the employees should be able to provide information on what kinds of light each plant should like. Make sure you are able to create a layer for drainage so that your roots are never sitting in stagnant, anaerobic water. Most importantly: experiment.

As it sounds like this is your first big foray into terrariums, things will go right, things will go wrong. Repeat the successes and eliminate the failures. And have some patience. Both here on the forums and w/ your new terrarium. We generally are a friendly bunch and enjoy seeing other's projects.

All the time I have, good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (29/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistifire View Post
Wow... 134 views and no one even has a location to get plants, I must have been mistaken and came to the wrong forum. I will look for help somewhere else.

haha How fitting, the verify you are human box says get out.
https://gyazo.com/1dbe18aa2892353f6e258052668a0ee5

I'll bet a lot of people, like me, clicked on this expecting to see what a wonder bubble terrarium looked like. Your thread title should have mentioned that you were looking for help.

Have you succumbed to the pleasure of Multiple Tank Syndrome? I feel your pain!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 02:25 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
I also viewed this...as i have no terrariums i have nothing to share......Most of the information i learned on this site was by looking and not asking....

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

I will find another forum for help with my terrarium, maybe ill come back if I make a planted aquarium.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 09:01 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (30/100%)
I also came here trying to find out what a "wonder bubble terrarium" was. But anyway . . .

This website will set you up with all the plants and such, that you will need. You can even get glow in the dark mushrooms. I highly recommend them:
Welcome! You have discovered Black Jungle Terrarium Supply - The Natural Choice!!

You may also want to check out some poison frog forums like www.dendroboard.com/forum, as the members there make terrariums all the time (for their little frogs!).

Either way, good luck.

I Want A Golden Goose!

Last edited by Acro; 04-12-2016 at 09:22 PM. Reason: .

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode