The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Dissolving Potassium Sulfate in DIY mix..??
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 03:55 PM
DLeDeaux

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2la
Don't bother; just add it dry to the tank (your fish will be fine). Use Chuck Gadd's Calculator (enter 1mL for "Amount of water to mix with") to determine how much to add.
Ok, now THAT makes sense to me.

I've been grappling with this too.

Ok, so you're dosing dry chemicals. How do you know how much to put in over time to maintain your target range on Magnesium and all of the Potassiums? I can measure phosphates and nitrates.

Finally, is the potassium in potassium sulfate equal to the potassium in potassium chloride? The following quote from Chuck's page leads me to believe that they are interchangeable, but I just want to make sure:
Quote:
There are several commercial aquarium plant additives that contain potassium. You can also obtain Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4) or Potassium Chloride (KCl) from a gardening store as a source. K2SO4 is often referred to as "Sulfate of Potash", and KCl is referred to as Muriate of Potash. I only recently (in the past couple months) starting adding potassium, and the improvement in plant growth and health has been amazing.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome