Where to buy cheap pond liner? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
Question Where to buy cheap pond liner?

This is for a long raised wooden pond project.

I'm thinking of buying 2x 13x20 14.5 mil (only $99 each) and gluing it together with silicone.

Alternative would be maybe this 20x30 45mil (but $600!).

Lowes has 9x16 45 mil for for $140, apparently their largest, but I might need 3x.

Since this is above ground... enclosed by treated 2x4s, do I really need a higher mil? Any cheaper places to buy quality liners? Amazon seems cheaper than Home Depot & Lowes. eBay? Where did you guys get yours?

current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

| retired:

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 02:15 AM
Children Boogie

PTrader: (13/100%)
Silicone definitely won't work. I think there's a special glue for liners but that's only for patching, not piecing.

Check Walmart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergreen View Post
Silicone definitely won't work. I think there's a special glue for liners but that's only for patching, not piecing.

Check Walmart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Damn, even with a big overlap of gluing? Is it leakage or pressure from the seams that I'd worry about?

*Nevermind.. wow Walmart has exactly the dimension I want! Lol thanks!

10x40 45mil for $300! Sweet!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Anjon-Manu...Liner/27937260

current:

| retired:

|

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Children Boogie

PTrader: (13/100%)
Silicone won't stick to vinyl & plastic for long. They'll just come apart.

Nothing like cheap Chinese products from walmart
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Glad you found what you want.
For others reading this:

Each sort of plastic/rubber etc. material there are special glues for repairs and for joining the pieces. Do not compromise, get the right material and follow the directions.

Use an underlayment. This could be almost anything (I used old carpet). The same place where you buy the pond liner will also sell underlayment. You can also use a thick felt-like material sold for drainage projects called filter fabric.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode