YouTuber I came across

Check out his videos .what do you all think would you try
https://youtu.be/t83famXey14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 11:14 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
His argument against fertilizers is most likely true but his approach on a CO2 injected tank with a high PAR lighting will not work and plants will not make it past 1 month without any issues.

It's easy to say "yeah I can get away with no fertilization with my tank" but you have to look at what type of plants you are trying to grow and what type of setup you have or want. Even if you can get away for the first few weeks without any issues, problems will arise at one point because certain nutrients will bottom out. Certain plants also have different requirements and some of them demand more while other demand less nutrients.

I'd like to see him try growing Ludwigia Pantanal, Erios, Sygonanthus and Toninas on his setup and watch it fail horribly.

Also if you look at the tank in the video his sword is already experiencing some type of deficiency. The plants in the ponds are also experiencing some type of deficiency. You can see some plants have some sort of yellowing of the tips.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
He does dose just not root tabs and nothing with nitrates. I?m just wondering if what he does really works .. I figured this is the spot to post what I came across . You have to watch more than one of his videos

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Here?s another video

https://youtu.be/tCiFClp2snk
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 02:35 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (73/100%)
Honestly I don't see anything unique here. Whenever these type of videos are shown there's always some limitation to what one can grow under those conditions. He says in the last video "why would you had more nitrogen if the tank is producing it." It's impossible to make a blanket statement like that unless your operating under under a narrow bandwidth of light and certain plant species. I haven't really seen any high light plants in his setups (correct me if I missed them).

I add a ton of nitrogen/phosphate to my high light tanks. According to him I should have algae, why don't I?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 09:35 AM
Algae Grower

Location: 494 Bridgeport Ave. Suite 101 PMB 342 Shelton Connecticut USA 06484
Great informatic videos, thanks for sharing

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode