BBA looks like it's creeping back for me, I did change my routine as you have to address the source of the problem as well as this one-two knock out routine. I'd made a noob mistake as I was using the dry salt method but didn't realise that the doses were for an injected CO2 system and was using 20ml a day, I've reduced this to 5ml with 3ml of TNC carbon per day which has (obviously) helped a great deal. However I've got small fringes of BBA on my Amazon Sword and the Cryptocoryne come back.
So round 2:-
1. took out a bucket of tank water and put all of the filter medium in it and topped back up.
2. took off the output nozzle on the 600 Juwel filter pump, I also have a Koralia Nano 1600 in there normally. (all plants swaying)
3. added 130mL of H2O2 (all I had left
), waited 20 minutes
4. did a 50% water change using API Safe Start+
6. put the filter medium back
7. added 4mL of TNC Carbon (double recommended dose)
My fish list is GBR, Platy's, Krib, BN Pleco, Adolfi Cory's, Neon Tetra's, Oto's, a couple of Ghost Shrimp and a couple of Nerite's.
My plant list is Amazon Sword, Cryptocoryne Balansae, Java Ferns, Java Moss, Bacopa, Bucephalandra sp. 'Red'
Now it's a case of wait and see (again).
For the mathematically challenged
in Europe and using litres, for the new lower limit (2 US tbsp. per 10 US Gallon) just multiply your displaced water quantity in litres (not the tank size) by 0.8 which will give you the correct amount in ml, for the original suggestion (4 US tbsp. per 10 US Gallon) use 1.6
So for @TwilightZone
s example further up it would be 280 (litres of water approx) x 0.8 = 225ml of H2O2 (or 450ml at the original dosage levels)
So my 130ml I've used is towards the high end but still within parameters (1.3).