OK, just tried this for the first time on my 125L Juwel which was plagued with BBA (I'd had all other algae I think before this but got them under control). I had taken some plants out and dipped them for 5 minutes in a dish of 3% H2O2 which worked great without killing any plants but it's started to come back on my Bacopa.
I did do a silly thing initially as I had 2 bottles of H2O2 and had been using just 1, putting it back in the bottle and reusing but I thought I'd probably used that one up?
So I did:
1. took out half a bucket of tank water and put all of the filter medium in it.
2. took off the output nozzle on the 600 Juwel filter pump, I also have a Koralia Nano 1600 in there normally. (all plants swaying)
3. added 70mL of bottle 1 of H2O2 (used up maybe), waited 15 minutes
4. belatedly had a thought that the first bottle was useless so added 70mL of new bottle 2 of H2O2 and waited 15 minutes
5. did a quick 60% water change using API Safe Start+
6. put the filter medium back
7. added 3mL of TNC Carbon
My fish list is GBR, Platy's, Krib, BN Pleco, Adolfi Cory's, Neon Tetra's, Oto's, a couple of Ghost Shrimp and a couple of Nerite's (1 of which headed for out of the water when I added the H2O2)
My plant list is Amazon Sword, Cryptocoryne Balansae, Java Ferns, Java Moss, Bacopa, Bucephalandra sp. 'Red'
Now it's a case of wait and see.
Edit: Arrgghh... just found out that a USA tbsp is less than an imperial tbsp (why???), 4 US tbsp is approx. 60mL and I used 4 UK tbsp's or 70mL.
Last edited by Colin_Maybe; 04-10-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Reason: more info.