The Planted Tank Forum banner

Monte Carlo plagued with brown algae

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sudhirr 
#1 ·
Long time listener first time caller. Ive been in the process of moving out for the first time so my newish 20 long I set up before I decided to up root and the tank had all my attention and now it does not. long story short it got neglected for a little while and some of the not established plants i put in there awhile ago were smothered by algaes of all kinds and the plants died in the tank causing even more algae. I fixed the probelm, got the dead plants out of there, no more algae (for the most part otherwise i wouldnt be here) but I am trying to figure out how to get this algae off my Monte Carlo since its just starting to establish and i would rather not rip them from the substarte. Now that ive fixed the problem, how do I remove the algae without distrubing the fragile plants?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Was in the same spot with Monte Carlo and diatoms brown algae. The following helped manually removing as much of the brown algae as possible. The plants which were uprooted, I cleaned out the algae out of the bunches and replanted. Increased water changes almost 50% every 2nd day. Cleaned the canister filter and media, hoses and fittings and finally adding amanos and Otos.

It’s a waiting game but my problem was solved. Only to be replaced by stag horn algae but the story continues on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.