Ready to quit over this insane algae please help
I really need help. My planted tank is entirely over run by string algae. I have removed my fish, reduced my one light down to 5 hours a day, did a 4 day blackout, CO2 is at lethal levels at all times, I am doing 35ml of H202 in a 40 gallon tank every day, and 6x the recommended dosage of algae fix and yet it thrives and grows. I'm ready to just scrap the tank and be done with all of this. I've been trying for over a year and nothing works. The tank is 40 gallons has stones, java moss, Phoenix moss, dwarf hairgrass, and baby dwarf tears. I planted enough to cover 60% of the tank hoping it would carpet but the algae came in so hard you cant see any of it anymore and I cant imagine they can grow or spread under a massively hard impossible to remove blanket of this stuff.