Some kind of Fungus or Algae - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Some kind of Fungus or Algae

Hey guys, Been a while. I'm having some trouble with my first tank in freshwater after switching from salt water. I have a Reefer 450 I plumbed into the house and am running RODI to it. The system runs excellent but requires more cleaning than my salt water system of over 700 gallons. My point was to kick back and have less maintenance and more time to enjoy a peaceful and easy tank. Thus far, that has not been the case. I'm sure I'm missing something and it's a newbie mistake but would surely love some advice. It just seems as though as hard as I try to keep it clean it gets some kind of crap that builds all over the rocks and plants. I have very few fish or plants. Tank has been running now for approximately 8 months now. I have a perfectly silent and outstanding Jebao return pump and also recently added 2 Jebao Wave makers which have helped immensely at keeping the gunk from building up. I'm not sure how to help the tank but overall parameters are in good shape. I know from salt water you will ask every value but I promise you I am not unfamiliar with testing. If you'd like pictures of the current setup or any other information please let me know and I'll be happy to oblige. Thanks in advance for your time and support.

Bobby C.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 07:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
All I see in your Facebook link is a clean newly setup tank.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode