Need help, tank is horrific after my stroke - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 03:47 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Pro mode offers ten set points. I wish we had more, so I could do trapezoid shapes instead of triangles. With ten, I run three triangles, plus a long tail 01% blue for bedtime. I will share a screenshot, but I cannot get it to show the final color level, but you can guess from the graphic.

I will probably lower my levels in the near future, and make morning biggest, mid-day 3/4 of morning, and afternoon about 2/3 of morning (for my dirt setup). I vary the white levels just for fun so each peak looks slightly different.

Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

Style: Organic potting soil, gravel, sand, wood, plants, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Classic 150, Neptune Systems Apex EL
Tanks:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 03:55 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
This is how I have my siesta, I think the biggest part of a siesta is to allow the owner to view the tank in the morning and evening.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2593.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	891865

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
p0tluck likes this.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
Pro mode offers ten set points. I wish we had more, so I could do trapezoid shapes instead of triangles. With ten, I run three triangles, plus a long tail 01% blue for bedtime. I will share a screenshot, but I cannot get it to show the final color level, but you can guess from the graphic.

I will probably lower my levels in the near future, and make morning biggest, mid-day 3/4 of morning, and afternoon about 2/3 of morning (for my dirt setup). I vary the white levels just for fun so each peak looks slightly different.

I saw this in the program thread, looks interesting but I can't do multiple changes at once, I know when I ran 75% for 7.5 hours before pro mode I didn't have much algae issues at all, before I went to the hospital everything was getting so much better, but I guess if all fails I can just buy all new with better plants to start with, these plants were bought in very rough shape but at one point were very nice.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:17 AM
Wannabe Guru

I didn't mean to suggest any big changes, just sharing. My tanks are small and low light. Cheers. Just glad you are continuing the conversation.

Style: Organic potting soil, gravel, sand, wood, plants, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Classic 150, Neptune Systems Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
I didn't mean to suggest any big changes, just sharing. Cheers
Oh I know, before when I first started I was changing 10 things a week lol wondering why nothing worked , I now know it takes a month or so of consistency to see if there's an improvement or not.

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:28 AM
Wannabe Guru

Yeah, boring changes are good. Otherwise you have no idea what effect is from which cause.

Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 04:10 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You might be over complicating the light settings, you could just use the tropical plant option from the standard mode and reduce each % down proportionately to give you lower light. Reducing lights, restarting ferts and water changes should mean it springs back without much else needing doing. The plants are alive, so they'll all recover. The old leaves will stay tatty looking, but once enough new ones have grown in you can just trim off the old
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsin View Post
You might be over complicating the light settings, you could just use the tropical plant option from the standard mode and reduce each % down proportionately to give you lower light. Reducing lights, restarting ferts and water changes should mean it springs back without much else needing doing. The plants are alive, so they'll all recover. The old leaves will stay tatty looking, but once enough new ones have grown in you can just trim off the old
I redid the light, it's only on for 8.5 hours now and max for 1.5 hours is 65%, 4 hours it's 55% other 2.5 hours its 25-40%, got the ferts in, yes I know they will grow back, I just know it's going to take a super long time to get it back to what it was, and yes the light was on manual full 24/7 the whole time I was in the hospital , I'm just debating on using excel to help as an algecide or just let it go and see what happens

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 10:00 PM
Wannabe Guru

Just saw this thread and wanted to add my positive thoughts and wish you a quick , great recovery . I had major heart surgery 2 years ago and I thought I would never get back to normal , but I did and so will you . As far as the tank goes , just be patient and it will come around .
Blue Ridge Reef and p0tluck like this.

My wife says if I get one more aquarium she is going to leave me . I sure am going to miss her fried chicken .
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 11:21 PM
Captain

Also just saw this thread - thoughts and prayers on a full recovery. Friend of mine had a stroke about 1 year ago - been a learning experience on what she has had to go thru on her recovery journey (her journey continues). Based on what I have seen you type, I am guessing hand motor controls are working good (her left side was useless for some time). Myself, been living thru Stage 4 colon cancer since Dec 2016 - oh well.

As Leeatl stated above, the tank will recover. @Maryland Guppy went thru a pretty massive algae issue recently and from what I can see his recovery is pretty much complete.

We are a definite community here - if you have some groupings that don't recover I'm sure many here would be willing to send you some new plants to play with.

Looks like you have had plenty of quality help with the light so I will not add to that.

Again, best wishes on a steady recovery - will be following along on this thread! Keep us posted when you can.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ty @Leeatl @Immortal1 for those wishes as well as everyone else , yes I was extremely lucky it wasn't as severe as it could have been, i wish you and your friends a speedy recovery as well, I won't be on restriction for ever I don't think but I have a few months of recovery from the surgery and the stroke to get strength back, as far as the algae I got some more snails yesterday and a group of otos, lowered the light intensity, still adding the same amount of ferts and will monitor from there. Much appreciated to everyone and best wishes to everyone in their health and wishing you speedy recoveries as well.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode