Algae control balance - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:27 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooch View Post
I agree with you, however, there are times when it is best not to post pics.

I think the thought is to show some pictures of the success that has been achieved by the prescribed methods. It doesn't have to be a current pic. Surely if you're on the forum for 1+ years or so giving out very specific advise you would have some pictures of your tanks and/or plants.
Greggz likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"you need not a PhD to be a good farmer or aquascaper. Elbow grease likely will serve you better"
- Tom Barr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
I think the thought is to show some pictures of the success that has been achieved by the prescribed methods. It doesn't have to be a current pic. Surely if you're on the forum for 1+ years or so giving out very specific advise you would have some pictures of your tanks and/or plants.
I was trying to find some pics of your tank. Do you have any posted? You seem to have a lot of experience, and I would enjoy seeing the types/styles of tanks you may keep.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------------------
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:05 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I posted some pics in another thread I thought you saw them?

I've also been rotating pics in my sig.
Greggz likes this.

"you need not a PhD to be a good farmer or aquascaper. Elbow grease likely will serve you better"
- Tom Barr

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:17 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Don't want to totally hi-jack, but here's a pic of a tank of mine. Not much of a scape, I was just trying to grow healthy plants and then I transformed it into a scape of sorts in the 2nd pic.

Transformed to this - 3 months later

Individual plants from scape

- Tom Barr
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:23 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
I posted some pics in another thread I thought you saw them?

I've also been rotating pics in my sig.
Yeah you are right, I forgot about those.

I have been following the 3' rimless and am looking forward to seeing it planted.

------------------
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:38 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
Yeah you are right, I forgot about those.

I have been following the 3' rimless and am looking forward to seeing it planted.
Just did the 1st wave of planting a few days ago. Mostly attaching plants to rock and wood and placing some moss. I'll be putting up some pics in a few days. Thanks for following.
Greggz likes this.

- Tom Barr
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:40 PM
Wannabe Guru

Posting pics wouldn't be relevant or up to date. The last time I posted pics I had a 29 tall and a 10 gallon. I no longer have either of those. The 29 left the house when I got my 40 breeder and I tore down the 10 gallon when there was no longer any fish in it.

Not much has changed. Instead of 5 Bleeding Hearts and 2 Panda Cories I have 2 female Bleeding Hearts and one Panda Cory. Husbandry, cleaning routines, and such are the same for the most part. Just case somebody comments on my lone Panda Cory, I'm not buying more fish. Once these remaining seniors go, my tank will be a plants only. I'm done with the all crazy that goes with keeping fish alive during hurricanes and blizzards while the power is out for days at a time, even with a generator.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode