The Planted Tank Forum banner

The Moss whisperer

849 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jimmytruong87 
#1 · (Edited)
im going to rehabilitate some random mosses collected over the past few months. Ive seen some amazing success in a neglected container at work with only adding a few drops of miracle grow liquid fertilizer on some tan colored moss which has now become a dark rich green. though it wasnt anything exotic, it was worth the experiment.

In my shrimp tank, I have cramed random bunches into some nooks and cranies. The tank is also dosed with macro/micros and a tremendous amount of flow turnover. The results have been pristine moss with "textbook" growth as you would see online or frequently on e bay sales photos. Left to their own devices seems to be a good tact to take.

I'm going to experiment with xmas moss in a high tech setup next.
Have any of you taken on growing moss with tips to share?

#2 ·
Hmmm. Moss growing tips? I notice my mosses truly thrive where there is light to reach to. They grow slower in the dark.

I don't know why, but I feel like having snails in the tank really helps.

They eat the dead moss so it isn't a drain on the live moss and their poop feeds the moss in turn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.