Hiding CO2 Diffuser Fluval Spec? - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By roostertech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hiding CO2 Diffuser Fluval Spec?

I would really like for mine to be hidden in a new tank set up I am doing. Just trying to get some ideas of others have done.

Inline?
Ceramic diffuser in Pump/filter compartments?

Matt

High Tech Fluval Spec V
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fluval Spec V
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RETIRED

Fluval Fora Jungle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 09:49 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yeah inline is the best option for hiding naturally. I'm using UP inline diffuser and Hydor inline heater. Save so much tank space.
dhsanti and dhsanti like this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostertech View Post
Yeah inline is the best option for hiding naturally. I'm using UP inline diffuser and Hydor inline heater. Save so much tank space.

Are you running this in a Fluval Spec series? My heater is already hidden in the pump compartment.

MAtt

High Tech Fluval Spec V

Fluval Spec V
RETIRED

Fluval Fora Jungle

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 01:29 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornstar View Post
Are you running this in a Fluval Spec series? My heater is already hidden in the pump compartment.

MAtt
Ah I totally skipped over the Fluval Spec part.

I'm not doing CO2 on my spec but I think if you can put the heater horizontally at the bottom of the filter compartment. May be you can replace the return pipe and put in inline co2 diffuser. It looks like it "might" fit.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 04:04 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Put some pics up of what you do... I have a spec 5 and am curious. If i do do CO2 I may just do a cheap plastic airstone type diffuser or a bamboo chopstick in the pump compartment.

Just what i was thinking anyways.

So Many Hobbies... So Little Time...

EHEIM #524 CLASSIC 2217, AUTO FEEDER

20H Shrimp Tank:
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt_914 View Post
Put some pics up of what you do... I have a spec 5 and am curious. If i do do CO2 I may just do a cheap plastic airstone type diffuser or a bamboo chopstick in the pump compartment.

Just what i was thinking anyways.
I tried putting it in the filter compartment at the bottom. Got a lot of burping. I may try it again when it's set back up.

Matt

High Tech Fluval Spec V

Fluval Spec V
RETIRED

Fluval Fora Jungle
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 05:03 AM
Algae Grower

I'm not running any CO2 in my spec V, but you could try poking a small hole in the pump return tube (as low as possible would probably be a good idea) and insert the CO2 tube through the hole with a piece of bamboo chopstick in the CO2 tubing. Wouldn't that basically create a makeshift inline diffuser?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 04:21 PM
Planted Member

I have a ceramic diffuser, the nano ones off evilbay that can be had for 1-2 bucks a piece. I have that in the pump compartment wedged between the glass and the pump. Works very well. It does take an additional 20-30 minutes for the co2 to respond from when I had it in the display area, but looks better.

The up aqua 8/12 mm fits the stock spec tubing and can handle being submersed for a while. This is on my upgrade list.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark546 View Post
I have a ceramic diffuser, the nano ones off evilbay that can be had for 1-2 bucks a piece. I have that in the pump compartment wedged between the glass and the pump. Works very well. It does take an additional 20-30 minutes for the co2 to respond from when I had it in the display area, but looks better.

The up aqua 8/12 mm fits the stock spec tubing and can handle being submersed for a while. This is on my upgrade list.
I am going to try to stick mine in the filter compartment with the disc part turned pointed toward the pump intake.

Does anyone think that the pump would burn up sucking in air bubbles?

Matt

High Tech Fluval Spec V

Fluval Spec V
RETIRED

Fluval Fora Jungle

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode