Scarlet Badis stocking question - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Scarlet Badis stocking question

I have a 5 gallon planted tank, been up and running extremely stable for almost a year with a few RCS, 4 pygmy corys and, well, at the moment many MTS.

I've been looking for a while now for a couple of stand-out nano fish for this tank (the pygmys are really, really shy and have taken over the cave in the rocks, only emerging when they think there's no one around to see them).

This morning I discovered that my LFS had a few Scarlet Badis (Dario Dario) in stock and immediately and excitedly purchased a male-female pair. I'd read about them in the past but could never find them in my area. I had (and have) read that the males are territorial, so keeping more than one of them in a 5 gallon tank would be problematic, so I just went with the one male. I'm now second-guessing myself about only getting the one female though, should I go back and get another one or two? Would they do better in a group of one male and two or three females?

Since I've done little else this afternoon and evening but watch them scope out the tank and look at YouTube videos and contradictory forum postings on the internet I have also seen others with groups of 2 males and several females in a tank this size without any issues, so I wonder if that's an option too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 03:33 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
I wouldnt add any scarlet badis in that tank. Only a couple more pygmy cories. Get a seperate 8-10 gallon tnak for ur scarlet badis pair.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode