ADA 30c "________" (unnamed currently) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (40/100%)
Send a message via AIM to deleted_user_16
ADA 30c "________" (unnamed currently)

my newest 30c layout:

i suppose this contributed somewhat to my inspiration (pic is not striaght because it hasnt been edited yet :p)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:51 AM
Aroid Addict

PTrader: (76/100%)
Sweet! I can see this looking really good in a couple of months.

Got Plants?-6 CO2 + 12 H2O → C6H12O6 + 6 O2 + 6 H2O

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---

Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Banned

haha, thanks

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 AM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
Woot! Nice new scape!

-Chris

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (153/100%)
that's great. nice fish selection. that biggest rock looks like it's just sitting on top of the gravel, but that will resolve once the Hemianthus grows in.

hey i got your message about lily pipes. that project with the rimless tank is on hold right now so i don't know when i might think about that some more.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwatkins10 View Post
Woot! Nice new scape!
thanks, that means a lot comin from you cl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
that's great. nice fish selection. that biggest rock looks like it's just sitting on top of the gravel, but that will resolve once the Hemianthus grows in.

hey i got your message about lily pipes. that project with the rimless tank is on hold right now so i don't know when i might think about that some more.
thanks hydrophyte! the hemianthus has barely grown at all in about almost a month, so i may just replace it with elatine triandra, bigger leaf, but a lot less demanding and a lot faster growing
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
Hey fishman, great scape but I think it needs some touch ups. Your main stone sticks out to much giving it an unnatural look. You should try pushing it down more so it is in the Aqua soil. The photos you took really compliment your HC and Hair Grass, I love how dark green they are!!!

The Pimp-em Club
Straight pimpin' since 2009
- ADA Mini-M Pimp #7 -

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I wish I COULD push it down more the other rocks are like icebergs, more than half is under the AS, so the main rock is sitting on top of the others, so I can't push it down without moving the other rocks unfortunately
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
I agree with Hydrophyte. I think once the hemianthus starts to take off and creates a carpet it'll cover the gap between the rock and soil. Other than that it looks great! I really like this scape
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
how about some specs on this lovely tank? XD
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
nice scape, kinda reminds me of my own 30C except with a slightly different rock layout (and the rock types).
HC foreground and grassy backgrounds work really well in nano iwagumis.

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief View Post
Hey fishman, great scape but I think it needs some touch ups. Your main stone sticks out to much giving it an unnatural look. You should try pushing it down more so it is in the Aqua soil. The photos you took really compliment your HC and Hair Grass, I love how dark green they are!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcirtappatrick View Post
I agree with Hydrophyte. I think once the hemianthus starts to take off and creates a carpet it'll cover the gap between the rock and soil. Other than that it looks great! I really like this scape
also, once the plants grow between the rocks, the main stone will stick out less because the plants will add more flow between each rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcirtappatrick View Post
how about some specs on this lovely tank? XD
12" cube tank
27w PC quad bulb fixture (i woudl say soon, but i wouldnt trust me on that, 6x 3w Cree LED fixture)
eheim 2213
excel dosing almost daily
2 bottles DIY co2

Quote:
Originally Posted by @[email protected] View Post
nice scape, kinda reminds me of my own 30C except with a slightly different rock layout (and the rock types).
HC foreground and grassy backgrounds work really well in nano iwagumis.
lol
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
I would recommend planting something like e tennelus around the main stone, a little bit taller grower to provide transition from the foreground to the background and also to cover up the "sitting on soil" effect.

I don't have much feedback to give on the hardscape itself (which is a good thing, you did well in my humble opinion), other than perhaps because the stones themselves, while possessing interesting features don't have enough character to pull the scape together all by their lonesome, so some creative planting would go a very long way here, furthermore since the rocks are a bit bigger than normal you can get away with some taller growers without sacrificing rock impact which is again, a good thing in my opinion.

Frank Wazeter
Aquascaper for life.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Banned

there is tenellus between the rocks, you cant see it yet though because i planted it between the rocks, it hasnt grown in yet.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Great start, fish. It's clean and elegant. Glad you're posting this in the Nano forum where there are people who can appreciate it beyond the "I can't believe you did that in something so small!" Nano tankers can appreciate this tank way beyond all that.

I'd give the HC a bit more time. Sometimes, it does take a long time to get going -- it took two months in one tank I did -- but once it does, I think the small and detailed leaves will be an awesome contrast to the comparatively smooth textures of your rocks. I'm not certain elatine triandra or Glosso could achieve this same effect. Be patient. I think it'll be worth it.

Plainsong. That's what I'd name it.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode