7.5 gallon - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
7.5 gallon

I read a recent thread about the AZOO flexi mini light. Anyway, here is 2 of them on a 7.5 gallon.
I think these lights are awesome! I know since I bought 2, I could have went with a better option for the price but, These you can configure any way you want to and move them out of the way when needed.

Last edited by triggergun; 08-10-2015 at 07:20 AM. Reason: added content
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Very pretty tank!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

That's a very nice tank you've got.
Good luck...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FISHY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
How long have you been using those lights on that tank? 12" tall tank?

dhg belem, hc, and hydro japan? Very nice tan btw!

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

~
~
~
~
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAurora View Post
How long have you been using those lights on that tank? 12" tall tank?

dhg belem, hc, and hydro japan? Very nice tan btw!
That is actually micro sword. "Lilaeopsis Mauritius"
..Been using the lights for 6 weeks. I dont have any fish in it yet. I'm cycling it by adding flake food.

Last edited by triggergun; 08-10-2015 at 07:41 PM. Reason: edit
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Ah nice. Has the tank only been planted for the 6 weeks? HC looks well rooted and grown in for such a short time

I read somewhere that flake food ran teh risk of a fungus or mold growth while cycling which scared me off from trying that method.. Putting in raw fish or shrimp I've read smells and makes a huge mess when finally removed. I prefer pure ammonia dose cycling using this: (ignore price-its for a 15xbox full, 1 is very cheap somewhere around $2-4)
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1307957

and this site for its converter and ammonia calculator:
http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/modules...ywords=cycling

and using a needle-less syringe to dose (cc=ml) (just under 4$ for pack of 3)
(can't link as its on fleEbay) an unused diabetes syringe can also be re-purposed for ammonia dosing, just pull out the needle with pliers.

Its no mess, accurate ammonia dosing levels for what you want, and the ammonia bottle has lasted me a LOOOONG time for several cycles and keeping cycled tanks going while fishless-sometimes for months.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

~
~
~
~
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I used a seeded filter sponge in the canister after filling. I just add a little fish food to keep it alive until I add fish.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 04:16 AM
Wannabe Guru

I have two tanks with this light!

Ha ha, nice to see someone who likes this light too!

I have a 12 inch cube with a black version of the Flexi mini, low light plants and pretty darn good penetration even with the one light attached to the centre back.

Then there's my Mini-M with a silver Flexi-Mini. This one is brighter looking at the front, due to the shorter tank and shallower depth. The one end is darker, which is on purpose since that side only has some moss and anubias.

Your tank looks great!

Here are the links to mine. Both low tech.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=900089
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=902017

Daisy Mae V
According to my husband, I have a habit of jumping right in!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 05:17 AM
Algae Grower

Beautiful tank! I just started a 30cm cube tank. planted HC and Staurogyne in it. Here's to hoping it turns out as nice as yours.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode