How many fish in a Fluval Spec V? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (6/100%)
How many fish in a Fluval Spec V?

I have a good amount of plants in the tank and I have 6 neon tetras in it. I would like to add 5 pygmy corydoras and a small clown pleco. Is this too many fish?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
It would be a little overcrowded and you might need to do frequent water change. My 2 fluval spec are overecrowded but with a lot of plants, I also did some modification to the filtration. I would probably change your clown pleco for a Dwarf Bristle nose Pleco? Clown pleco can reach up to 4 inch(10cm).

Are you a nature lover? follow me on instagram
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 05:07 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
If you go with the clown pleco, you also need to have room for driftwood as clowns feed off of it. Spec may not be the best tank for a clown.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 07:23 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
The pygmy cory are the only fish from you stock list you could keep in that tank and they should be in a schoal of 6 minimum.
Plecos are HUGE poopers and need a LOT of tank volume to dilute all their poop, smallest tank for a few breeds like bristlnose is 20g, 30g+ through 200g+ is needed depending on the breed.
Neon tetra need a long tank ideally 30" or more of swim room and bare minimum 10g volume (20g much better).

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
~
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 01:17 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Yeah, I would swap out the pleco for an Otto, maybe two. I agree with what others are saying about the neons too. Maybe swap them out for some fish better suited for a nano. There is a stickey in this forum that has a list of good nano tank fish.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (6/100%)
Thanks for the responses I just wanted to get a general consensus on what to add. The store only had 5 corys or I would have gotten six. They seem to be doing well in the group. I'll put the pleco in my 30 gallon instead. I have wood in all of my tanks.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode