Marimo's STB nano tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Marimo's STB nano tank

This is a custom made rimless nano with the same dimensions as the ADA Mini M. the tank won't be set up for a while until I move some of my tanks around to make room. Here is my inspiration for this tank. From the ADA gallery.

its a very simple scape.
here are some pics of my tank.

Im using ADA forest sand Branco and Seiryu stone.

another option

and another

the back will have ADA aquasoil for the stem plants no heater and a Tom rapids clear hob filter or eheim 2213. i don't plan to use moss cuz it gets messy instead I may use fissidens. So tell me what you think

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Defintely the last one.. two reasons.. the dead-tree look and the isolated stons at the front right. Very interesting arrangement.

The second-to-last could also be interesting - I like the right-hand side but the centre doen't look right to me.

===

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Algae Grower

I personally like the second one the best. I love the angle of the driftwood and how the rocks are set up.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

thanks guys Im thinking of using three different kinds if rotalas for this one.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Im thinking of growing three different types of rotalas in three small transparent cups filled with aquasoil. Surround the cups with stones and some with anubia nana petite to cover up the cups. That way maintenance on the sand and tank will be super easy. I will also be able to move plants around and try different ones. It would be a an easy way to take the tank around to local fish stores to promote SCAPE. Hows that sound.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Send a message via AIM to FrostyNYC
Personally, I prefer the second scape. And I really love your seiryu stone.

The cups with aquasoil sounds like an interesting idea. Have you done that before with success?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

No but my LFS sells their plants out of clay pots with rock wool. I would like to have the option of moving plants around to see where they look best. Maybe I should just leave them in the pots, but the red clay color may be visible.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ok this partially set up. Im using ADA Branco sand and the plants are in little 3oz medicine cups. I put some aquasoil in them and planted some Rotala macandra, Rotala Vietnam, Rotala sp. colorata, some unknown plant and anubias nana petite. Im bad at taking pics but here ya go.

Still need to move things around some more.

Last edited by MARIMOBALL; 07-05-2009 at 11:39 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 06:01 AM
Algae Grower

Hey Victor how's your STB nano tank progressing, any new pics?

Rick

< . . .

. . .

< . . .

< . . .

< . . .
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

will be taken down and replaced by ten gallon rimless

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode