Nano aquarium suggestions? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nano aquarium suggestions?

I currently have a cheep 1.5 cube and i'm looking to get a slightly nicer one but relatively similar size and not too expensive. does anyone have any suggestions on micro cube kits between 1.5- 5 gallons?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 11:11 PM
Planted Member

"Petco Preferred" brand nano tanks are pretty nice looking...All glass, rimless, good filtration system. They come with lights, but would probably need to be upgraded for a planted tank. They aren't too expensive and come in a 2 gallon cube or a 6.25 gallon bowfront tank(which I've been debating getting, but I already have 7 tanks running now and its a chore to keep up... )

The Fluval Spec II and Spec V both look nice as well, they have a similar integrated filter/sump as the petco tanks. They're a little more expensive but have been on the market longer...lots of people love them.

There are literally hundreds of nano setups available, just look on any aquarium/pet supply/online store website and see what you like...

Also, welcome to the forum, good to see more fellow Minnesotans on here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art by Stef* View Post
I did have a bluegill once that ate cooked pasta and bologna rinds as a treat.
Then again, that fish would probably bite on a cigarette butt.

-Stef*
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 02:17 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
I kinda like the ones at Meijer, too. Their 3.5 gallon is frameless with sorta rounded edges. Not sure if others have tried it but it seems pretty good to me. they were on sale last time I was there a week or 2 ago. Might not be helpful for you if you guys don't have Meijer where you are...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Would the spec III be able to support plants or would i have to replace the light?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Also are the fluval ebi or flora any good?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
I have a flora and the tank itself is very nice but I scraped pretty much all the stock equiptment. The only thing I saved was the light but I added a second stock light. I love the curved corners in front. Just a tip I'd either rip out the background completely or rip it out and re glue it as I've heard some horror stories about it breaking free and rocketing out the top of the tank along with your lights, lily pipes, anything else in its way.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump421 View Post
I have a flora and the tank itself is very nice but I scraped pretty much all the stock equiptment. The only thing I saved was the light but I added a second stock light. I love the curved corners in front. Just a tip I'd either rip out the background completely or rip it out and re glue it as I've heard some horror stories about it breaking free and rocketing out the top of the tank along with your lights, lily pipes, anything else in its way.
All of this. I really like the tank but did similar mods. Also, it doesn't come with enough substrate - I went with Flourite black underneath the Fluval Stratum

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode