The empire strikes back. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
The empire strikes back.

Looks like Darth Vader used his power to crash my 10g killing everything in sight. I've saved everything I could we will rebuild and strike back. Picked up a bag of eco-complete also some plants for the girlfriends tank today. I also picked up another betta really nice mustard and purple colors most of the bettas I've owned before been red and black wanted something different this time. Saved as many plants as I could threw out the old gravel it smelled so bad after one two many rinses. This is what happens when you have someone watch your tank for a month, the water evaporates 75% with filter still running making bad sounds until they unplug everything kids tossing junk in it killing everything making the whole house smell bad you can vomit. I'm about to make some space at the apartment where I'll be able to keep an wye on it from now on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
So sorry for your losses. I hate those power losses. Happened to me long time ago...

Glad to see it wont keep you from keeping fish. I am finally getting back into it after my losses long ago.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Hopefully I'll set it up sometime this week, Move the betta out of that little cup.

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 03:08 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Other fish just seem to be unaware of their tank but I love when you introduce
a Betta to his new home. They investigate every nook and cranny twice over.
Walked into Petco one day a few months back and right in front proudly on
display they had one veil tail that was royal blue mixed/w white like a pinto pony.
Where they got that from I'd like to know.
Took me 15 min to talk myself out of bringing it home...LOL...

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

He's going to look nice when it colors up too.

post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Going to set-up my tank today. Don't know how I want the driftwood placed yet.

post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Here we go again, added some driftwood and eco-complete and a pump no filter. Still need to go pick up the plants that I saved sometime this week.

post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

This tank crashed again. I'm just going to give up on this 10g and take out the old 5.5g.

post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 02:31 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
What do you mean the tank crashed again? A 10g is CERTAINLY a better option than a 5.5g. Can you give us some info about your set-up in the 10g?

Bump: And there's no picture in your previous post.
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 04:25 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
The more water in a tank the easier it is to keep it stable.
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Figured out I forgot to add prime to the water and that's what the problem was.

post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I was changing the water and dropped the light in the tank it was plugged in too. I'm just going to let it dry out and hopefully it still works. Thinking of just filling up the tank halfway and adding some dwarf frogs and white clouds.

post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Decided to keep this tank up even picked up a new hob filter for it today. Changed out 90% of the water today too. Should be ready for fish by the end of week hopefully. Decided move the driftwood around as well.

post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Still need to go pick up the plants. Kinda cloudy from doing a big W/C and moving around driftwood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150518_221826.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	475321  

post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

My sister said hey come pick up these fish you gave me months ago the tank smells bad that they are in. So I went to look at them and was shocked these fish were still alive the water was filthy and freezing cold from being outside. Smell made me want to vomit, so I took a small travel tank filled it with clean water and prime and saved what I could. Also added another nano heater since the water was breezy with the one I had. Hopefully these fish will make it now that they have a filter heater and bigger tank with clean water.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode