ADA Mini-S and betta - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
ADA Mini-S and betta

I would like to set up a canister filtration system for my ADA mini-s (3.5gal) tank. I would also like to add the ADA intake and outlet glass tubes.

Currently, I have a few Java Ferns, some Java Moss, a Betta (Mr. Fisher), a ADA Solar Mini Sun that matches my tank, and a Red Sea Nano Filter.

In the future, I would like C02 and a planted tank, but, for now, Bettas don't like a lot of water current.

any suggestions/ help is appreciated.

The attached photo on the left is pre-Solor Mini Sun and when the tank was planted. The photo on the right is how the set-up is now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	planted 2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	12879  

Click image for larger version

Name:	new set-up.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	12880  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
For the Co2 you could probably use a DIY co2 with a defuser or a chopstick. I think your tank would look nice with some aqua soil and a few rocks here and there. Just an idea though. Other than that good job.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcirtappatrick View Post
For the Co2 you could probably use a DIY co2 with a defuser or a chopstick. I think your tank would look nice with some aqua soil and a few rocks here and there. Just an idea though. Other than that good job.
Thanks for your input. Yeah, the lanscaped version of my tank (pic on the left) was not doing to well. 4 weeks of off the charts ammonia.

I bought the tank for my betta who was in a 1/2 gallon bowl, so I figured I'd just pull out the ADA soil and the Yamaya rocks and do a bare bottom with the Java Fern and Moss.

They seem to be doing well, and the fish loves swimming through them.

I am still in need of a replacement filter for my Red Sea Nano-filter. I'd like a canister type set-up (Eheim or Fluval), but I need the current to be modified for a betta who likes little current.

any suggestions?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
If you dont like the Red Sea Nano-Filter you could always use the Eheim canister filter if you have somewhere to put it. i have a Eheim 2213 for my ADA Mini-L. The water current is a bit much but you could always reduce the current.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcirtappatrick View Post
If you dont like the Red Sea Nano-Filter you could always use the Eheim canister filter if you have somewhere to put it. i have a Eheim 2213 for my ADA Mini-L. The water current is a bit much but you could always reduce the current.
I am just a bit obsessed with the effectivness of the Red Sea Nano-filter. I would assume that a canister would do a better job, but I guess the Moss and the Java Ferns need a bit of nutrients...

Bettas and water current are a nono.

What chu think?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode