post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
La petite vegetable tank

decided to post one of my redo tank in this nano section

it's a 10 gallon tank.
lighting is a 5 watt led bulb
filter is eheim 2213, kinda strong current for this tank size.
no co2 yet but i'm planning to add soon

filled with anubias nana petite mostly. they're from my currently treated 40 gallon tank which got lots of bba.

i bleached the petite as you noticed the white strands of dying bba on them. i put some stem at the back temporarily to help early phase of this tank. some red cherry shrimp inside.

the little guys

[imghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/ikuzo/10%20Gallon/20150407_210244_zpsbjcl9gwb.jpg][/img]

i'm undecided with the fish. what kinda of small fish do you think suit the strong current?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 03:03 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (11/100%)
Very clean looking.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 03:22 AM
Algae Grower

hi nice tank, i like the ten gallons I also have one

I read that you find that the Eheim 2213 provides you too much flow, May i suggest removing the spraybar and just running it like that?

I have the same filter as you and thats how I run it and its Perfect flow IMO, I position it close to the water surface to break surface tension. This prevents the protein/bacteria film to form on the surface and provides my tank with nice flow throught the tank also gives a pleasent shimmer effect becasue of the strong LED lighting. Best of all this provides great gas exchange preventing my fish from suffocating of Co2 at night

my .02 cents

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 03:30 AM
kep
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
Fire ember tetras are cool. They only get about an inch long. I have 6 of them in my 9g. They need to be in groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

|
|

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefcorgi View Post
Very clean looking.
thank you
this tank got infested with hundreds of mts before this. so i have to tear everything down. bleach and rinse everything then set it up like a new tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano-Nater View Post
I read that you find that the Eheim 2213 provides you too much flow, May i suggest removing the spraybar and just running it like that?
hey great suggestion
i'm kinda scared it will ruin the high slope of sand at the back, but i will try it tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kep View Post
Fire ember tetras are cool. They only get about an inch long. I have 6 of them in my 9g. They need to be in groups.
yeah cool fish, i'll find if it's available at local lfs

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 11:23 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Awesome tank!

I use e-heim canister filters (2213,2215) and on the Quick Disconnect Valves, I turned the lever on the output so it was only partially open and this has worked real well for me.

I have also read where the holes in the spray bar can be drilled bigger to reduce the flow.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 07:07 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

You can drill the holes bigger or drill more holes. either method will work well.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandgaliam View Post
Awesome tank!

I use e-heim canister filters (2213,2215) and on the Quick Disconnect Valves, I turned the lever on the output so it was only partially open and this has worked real well for me.

I have also read where the holes in the spray bar can be drilled bigger to reduce the flow.
that's what i'm afraid of,
i always believe that filter's input and output valve should always at full open or full off position. i'm afraid to damage my filter if i put the valves at partial position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_fasinated View Post
You can drill the holes bigger or drill more holes. either method will work well.
yesterday i bought 10 pseudomugil furcatus and put them inside. they seem to be happy swimming around the tank and have no trouble with the current.

i will observe them this week to determine if i should alter my flow by doing one of those recommendation. thanks guys!

i also observe that some of my petites are getting bba again!

i'm running about ~1 bps co2 by the canister's input, you can see at the first photo there is a black co2 line goes into the canister input strainer. this is one of my old fear that i might broke my filter because of accumulating gas inside, but it's proven to be wrong. thanks to jmhart

i'll post some photos later.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 12:40 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
i will observe them this week to determine if i should alter my flow by doing one of those recommendation. thanks guys!

i also observe that some of my petites are getting bba again!

i'm running about ~1 bps co2 by the canister's input, you can see at the first photo there is a black co2 line goes into the canister input strainer. this is one of my old fear that i might broke my filter because of accumulating gas inside, but it's proven to be wrong. thanks to jmhart

i'll post some photos later.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ikuzo;7753201]that's what i'm afraid of,
i always believe that filter's input and output valve should always at full open or full off position. i'm afraid to damage my filter if i put the valves at partial position.

If your head height was higher than usual, but got the flow you are looking for, would you worry about it? If not, then restricting an output valve is the same thing.

yesterday i bought 10 pseudomugil furcatus and put them inside. they seem to be happy swimming around the tank and have no trouble with the current.

These fish require a tank of at least 12" X 24" and like low to moderate flow. I have some of these in my 75 gallon. I don't believe they are suited for a nano tank. They like to school and they roam all over my tank. They get in moods where they just want to be alone and take turns hiding in my plants.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by loach guy View Post
These fish require a tank of at least 12" X 24" and like low to moderate flow. I have some of these in my 75 gallon. I don't believe they are suited for a nano tank. They like to school and they roam all over my tank. They get in moods where they just want to be alone and take turns hiding in my plants.
i have some adult in my 100 gallon community tank, i have a pretty good idea how big they will be. you are right, this will only be their temporary grow out tank. maybe i'll put them in my 40 gallon tank later when their size is no longer prey-size for my angelfish

it's hard to take pictures of these guys

easy one to take

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

update with pretty good growth

i got some black spot on older leaves, anyone can suggest me how to get rid of these spots

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

fts update

a new home for this apisto

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode