my 4.6 gal update - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
my 4.6 gal update

Just wanted to update this tank,added a few things and started dosing excell and flourish.A few CRS,a zebra oto,a rasbora maculata (saved from work) and some horned,and zebra snails round out the fauna.
The mosswall never really took off,i may redo it or remove it not sure yet.

Joel oto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Your Zebra oto is cool.

Brion
29 gal journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

55 gal low tech

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
what are your tank specs? it may just be the pictures, but it looks quite dim in the tank. that might be the problem with you moss wall...just a thought.

"Success is not the goal, it's merely a byproduct!"
- The Fraternity of Dirt #66 -
Just because it's dirt doesn't make it low-tech.

-

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks brion,i always thought otos were lame untill i got this guy from a wild peruvian shipment....He's def. the star of this tank lol.

Cam...The tank isnt really bright but i think it is the pics,its got the coralife 2x9watt 6700k's but its only penetrating 10 inches down.I set it up as a low tech tank but that got boring.Next week im upping the light to a 27 watter,adding c02 (maybe an injection setup).The filter has purigen in "the bag" , a sponge,and an almond leaf.

Any suggestions are welcome.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I went ahead and planted some forground plants today,it looks way better i think.Its micro sword and a few sprigs of glosso mixed in.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Algae Grower

What did you use for the moss wall? im interested in doing one just not sure what to use to mount the moss on

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle loves gars View Post
What did you use for the moss wall? im interested in doing one just not sure what to use to mount the moss on
Looks like plastic canvas to me. Find it in the crafts section of your favorite mega-mart.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Yes sorry for the late reply....i got it at micheals (a craft store) most any craft type stores should have it....I dont know why,maybe not enough lighting but my wall is super slow to grow through.I would recommend if you make one of these to pull strands through the front wall to start the process.I dont know if its just my tank but Xmas moss isnt the best choice for these. I was thinking of restarting the walls with fissidens.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Just wanted to update this tank....decent growth all around.I went with a green orange theme haha.The mosswalls are coming down really soon too.

New orange dwarf cray
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 07:10 AM
Algae Grower

awesome tank and cray!!

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks dude...I added 5 really small clown killies today,awesome fish.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 02:09 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Nice tank..btw, what kinda substrate is that?

Eheim Pimp #430

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Its florabase,Ive felt like transfering this into an ada cube and restart it with AS.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Glosso growth at 23 days i think im heading in the right direction.Sorry im a noob and its exciting to see good growth haha.Started from 3 tiny pieces.
shrimp macro that turned out

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode