Picotope 3-gallon for the office: - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Picotope 3-gallon for the office:

Here is the plan so far. I am open to any and all suggestions and will hopefully get some answers to a few of the questions I have:

Tank: Picotope 3-gallon

Lighting: tank comes with a 9watt 50/50 cfl which I am going to replace with a 9watt 6700k bulb off a mini-freshwater aqualight (someone on the forum said it fits the picotope fixture perfectly)

Filtration: stock powerfilter that comes with the Picotope (seems sufficient)

Substrate: Oiso Sand (not sure how much I need to buy... they sell it in quarts)

Heater: 7.5 watt Mini Heater

Flora: Not sure here. This is a 3-gallon with 9watts of light, so I imagine only low-light stuff would work. I also need to find plants that stay relatively small, and stem plants are out of the question as the tank is so short that I'd have to trim them constantly. Any ideas here? I'm thinking some dwarf anubias, some small crypts, etc. What do you think?

Fauna: a GORGEOUS betta that I just picked up at the LFS.... I have to have him in this tank so I can watch him when work gets stressful. However, I'd like to put some other tankmates in as well, such as cleaning crew (snails, otocinclus) or whatever. Space is limited so smaller things that won't get destroyed by the aggressive betta are the only options. All suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (21/96%)
Send a message via AIM to boltp777
i would go with this http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...4&pcatid=15494 it has 18 watts and an option to get another 18 watt lamp. and instead of the river sand go with http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=267 some aqua soil from ada. if you have the two lamps that would be great for Elocharis acicularis i wouldnt put an otto in there its a really small tank to put them in put like some trumpet snails in there or even ivory mystery snail they go good wit the colors of a planted tank. you could get some anubias nana maybe some riccia duckweed.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode