Lighting suggestions - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Lighting suggestions

I just set up a spec v with 5lb co2 tank .....I am currently running 2 13w fluval CF...want to upgrade to led's but not sure what fixture will give me enough PAR to achieve optimal co2 usage.
All suggestions are welcome..Thank You

Bump: I would like to try to grow a carpet so I need high lighting...the finnex looks reallt good on the tank but I am concerned about having enough PAR at the substrate level
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 03:56 AM
Algae Grower

I would think that would be enough light to grow most foregrounds (what you currently have), what plants specifically are you wanting to do? I have also been looking at lighting options for an 10g or 20g L and am leaning towards Finnex Ray II or Fugeray Planted+...

I think there are 16 inch models available of both, lots of people mentioned Ray II being overkill but still have more looking around to do. Am hoping to have a nice carpet as well. Been out of the hobby for a while there seems to be a lot more to choose from for foreground plants nowadays!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Algae Grower

I am loving the Current USA LED+ freshwater for my spec V. IIRC with it turned all the way up people are measuring ~30 PAR at the substrate I think. Looks like a stock option with how it fits over the plastic tank cover.

If you wanted more light you could go for the Pro version for a little bit more $ and get supposedly double or more the light output of the LED+.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode