Myst Microtope - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Myst Microtope

I'm a bad girl. When I was in Petsmart they had a one gallon *glass* cube! I had to get it, 28 bucks. I'm going to set it up to be a fry tank for my CPD using all low light stuff.

Here is the tank, the rims are made of wood (I got the dark one), I'm most likely going to remove the top rim so that I can put a clip light on it...I haven't made that decision yet.

My husband is going to kill me when he sees it. Two months ago I was like 'I want a tank, just one little one'. This makes three. Sigh, addicted.

My Tanks:
A Dart Frog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ten gal planted:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Picotope planted tank:

My Avatar is my Art:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 02:08 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
hahaha. Your husband probably didn't know what he was letting you get in to. It's hard to stop at one.

Oddly enough, I saw this in the Petsmart ad and was temped to pick one up as well. I live a good half hour from a Petsmart though, so I've been able to resist.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I would have been able to resist if it was half an hour away. But I was right there and I had just finished training a dog (for which I earned 30$). So I had the cash right in my hot little hand! Giggle. I also was so impressed that it was glass...black silicone though.

My Tanks:
A Dart Frog:

Ten gal planted:

Picotope planted tank:

My Avatar is my Art:

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 02:16 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I almost bought one for my office the other day. Only thing that kept me from doing so was the fact I forgot to pick up my wallet on my way out the door. Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with this one.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 02:54 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (25/100%)
lol i understand that sentiment i have two tank in my dorm and really considering another one. good luck with this one, the tank it self look really interesting.

"real cars don't have spark plugs"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The tank itself is kinda fun! I decided to leave it with the wooden rims cause they are very well done actually. Not bad for a cheapy tank.

Here is the start of the hardscape. It's chunk of...uh...that heavy sinking wood, the name escapes me. It is really dark when wet so I don't know if I'm going to keep it. I want some wood cause I'm going to do moss and petie nana. I have stolen the secondary light off my picotope.

My Tanks:
A Dart Frog:

Ten gal planted:

Picotope planted tank:

My Avatar is my Art:
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 03:13 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (34/100%)
Cool! Im interesting to see how you are going to scape it

btw, malaysian driftwood?

Eheim Pimp #351, Classic 2213.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Malaysian...that's it! Giggle.

Right now I feel this piece is just too dark and too big. I need to find a smaller, lighter coloured bit.

My Tanks:
A Dart Frog:

Ten gal planted:

Picotope planted tank:

My Avatar is my Art:
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

New driftwood, the other piece did not float my boat. New rock, I liked the mountain look. And some A. nana and P. nana with a touch of java moss. I know the light is 50/50, but I like the blue hue it gives and they are low light plants so I figure the 4 watts of 67 they are getting is good enough.

I'm getting some more pellia tommorow, it will be in front of the stone.

Here it is next to the picotope, during this photo the picotope light was aimed at the gallon.

My Tanks:
A Dart Frog:

Ten gal planted:

Picotope planted tank:

My Avatar is my Art:
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 04:09 AM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
Looks pretty cool. I'm tempted to buy yet another tank. Maybe I should set up this empty one that I just paid 80 bucks for?

-Chris

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode