Updated photos. The female is doing very well. She's crazy active and almost never hides, which I find odd. She's constantly darting around the tank, inspecting things, playing in the current (which I need to baffle somehow) and hunting scuds.
As for the tank - driftwood was still floating but I got fed up and weighed it down again. Hopefully it stays until it's ready to sink. If it doesn't, I'm actually going to get the tank about half empty and add some substrate. For whatever reason some of the plants are having issues staying planted.
The filter is great, for those who were asking. I really like it, it's almost like an algae scrubber the way it works. But it does have carbon cartridges and space for customization.
The filter is positioned just below the light, and isn't covered, which is why it's growing algae. I like it, it's giving the tank a natural feel. If you didn't want this, it would be easy enough to rearrange the media or change it for something else, as the filter floss is the turf scrubber media. It's a waterfall type filter, with the output being a large "hole" rather than a spraybar.
The light is great so far. Plants are growing and sprouting new leaves daily. I added a crypt spiralis and it's doing well, even though it's been floating for a week.
The moss and I had a discussion. You can probably see in the pics, it won the fight. I can only hope it attaches quickly so I can get rid of that ugly rubberband and cut the thread. I'll also be adding more java fern to the arched piece of driftwood once it's waterlogged. Hopefully that happens soon so I can plant the darn thing.
Anyway, sorry for the wait, and without further ado, photos!