Shrimp tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Shrimp tank

About to setup a shrimp tank should I use my 1.9g tall tank or use my 3g bare bottom female betta tank? Or a tank 9.0 x 6.0 x 6.5 guessing that's less than 1g.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Guess I'll just use my 3g.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 11:42 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatfish View Post
About to setup a shrimp tank should I use my 1.9g tall tank or use my 3g bare bottom female betta tank? Or a tank 9.0 x 6.0 x 6.5 guessing that's less than 1g.
You could use either... The thing is, the smaller the volume, the more drastic of an impact your water changes will have on the inhabitants. I'd say go with the 3 g.

As for the tank... that's 1.5 gallons.

"Personally, I would be delighted if there was a life after death, especially if it permitted me to continue to learn about this world and others, if it gave me a chance to discover how history turns out." ~Carl Sagan, Cosmos

"I can't tell you how many people say they were turned off from science because of a science teacher that completely sucked out all the inspiration and enthusiasm they had for the course." ~Neil deGrasse Tyson.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Decided to use my 3g. Today I put in some substrate and clippings from my 10g and a piece of driftwood from my 10g with anubias. I haven't moved any shrimp from my 10g yet I'm deciding what else I'm going to do with it first.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Just make sure the 3g gets a chance to cycle before moving shrimp to it (I'm sure you know that). And post some pics!

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

It's been cycled it's my female bettas tank. All I did was add stuff to it.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Don't know if I'll move some dark red cherry shrimp or the two light blue ones to this tank.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Here it is but I trimmed off some bad leaves. Legos are the girlfriends she collects them. All the plants are clippings from my 10g took out substrate from a empty 1.9g that use to have a Dario Dario.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Don't know when I'll move the shrimp to here yet Added a little moss from my 10g.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

]

I'm probably going to move some shrimp in later today. Got some algae forgot to turn off light so now I'm going to leave it off all day and night.

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Here is a better pic.

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Added 3 shrimp today one darker red and two blueish looking shrimp.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

How's it looking?

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 09:18 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Looking good, i think you should add some taller stem plants in the background, vals would be good.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

The shrimp are already eating algae moving around the tank so I'm guessing they like it so far. Might wait on plants about to move next month. Unless I pull some from my 10g.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode